HOMELITE 750's are One Bad Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got together with a Buddy of mine today and Finally got a Chance to let my Saws Rip into some nice big Logs from a recent Storm we had up here in Washington, While they were all impressive and alot of Fun to Cut with, That Damn! 750 is a Ripper. For those of you who've never gotten a chance to use one, I highly Recommend one if you get the Chance, They're Simply Bad Ass. I looked at some of your Video's Hoss and you mentioned that they're your Favorite Saw and I can see why. Not sure how they compared to some of the other Old Big Saws like a McCulloch 125 or a New Husqvarna 3120XP, but BOY!!! it puts a Smile on my Face everytime we dipped it into another Log.

Well I have yet to meet a stock saw that will outcut my 750, but of course chain, bar, operator, sprocket and the health of the saw all are variables. I do have one pretty good head to head comparison though. My buddy Scott and I were cutting red oaks and large catalca blowdowns at a local farm. I had brought many saws, but the two in question were my regular user 750 and my newly aquired husqvarna 3120. Both saws were running 7 pin rim drives 42" or 48" bars (sprocket nose) with .404 round chisel on both. Also both sharpened by me. Anyway once we got this one big (40" maybe) catalca limbed we started cutting at either end with me at the big end (there wasn't very much taper though to be fair) and the 750 was consistantly about 1/8 or so faster faster per cut despite it's 6cc disadvantage. So this is about the most scientific head to head I have experienced with a 750. Oh yeah, the comp on the 3120 was about 160+ and the comp on THAT 750 is about 175psi.

Add some video to this thread!

Uncle Ronnie's 750

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D1AK5VkNvVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yep, I have had enough of them apart to assure you that there are no reeds in the 750.

Now the Homelite 2100 is a different story. Probably the best reed cage ever put on a production saw.

Have yet to try a 750 or a 2100. Tomorrow, I'll put up a video of their elder: the 2000.

attachment.php

attachment.php

You're not gonna like it Charles. Too old and heavy It'll be slower than your Kartsaw projects too. Send it this way to avoid the disappointment...:jester:

What you see came from your way, hahaha! The bar was on my 1-82 from Saw King, the 2000 came from sawbones.

What you see came from your way, hahaha! The bar was on my 1-82 from Saw King, the 2000 came from sawbones.

Yikes. Lee has depressed me a few times with tales of the big old Mag that he has gotten from my back yard over the years.......:msp_thumbdn:

I have a nice one that needs a piston if anyone has one or knows of one. It would allow another 750 to be wild and free. :cool2:

Some awesome saw there. Who still makes a 42+ inch bar for these animals?

Windsor made some 42" bars for the big Homies, check out Ebay periodically they come up but aren't cheap. Also check out Saw King, he often has old long bars. I went a cheaper route and got a nice used Windsor 9000 harvester bar that's 42" .063 gauge and had the back of the bar tapered down to fit better. It does weigh a bit more since it's a deep belly bar that's 1/4" thick instead of the standard 3/16. It sure is stiff, not much bar flex. I guess you could say it's a wide kerf bar, but it works excellent.

For bars, I have used the Large mount Husky bars(372,395,3120) and filed out the bar slot. Seems to be the same other wise the adjuster and oiler hole both line up! Good Luck!

There ok I have one of the tournament
of the kings 750s. They was hard to
put a pipe on because the pipe had
To come out from under the saw. The
750s were a ok race saw but would not
hang with the 166s the big macs and
the 2100 huskys.

Back