Homelite Cut Off Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madsaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well its still a saw. So here is the question. This saw I picked up is the same physical size as a 550. No provision for a oil tank on it though. Did they make a cutoff version of the 550. Or is it another size. The saw is complete , but I have not had a chance to play with it yet.
Bob

DM54 by any chance? I'll have to look at mine but it seems from faulty memory that the tank is there but the opening is not machined.

Bob.

Any snow on the ground yet? I was out on the excavator tonight and got tired of the da'' blowing snow. I will get back in the combine tomarrow. It is much warmer.

On a side note this cheap corn may make calves look better this winter

Bill

Bob,
The DM50 was the same size chassis as a 450/550. The engine was actually the size of a 450, but it used a piston with "normal" rings, not the thin ones used on the chainsaw version. Buncha parts the same and alot that are slightly different. For instance, the lower part of the crankcase isn't tapped for the diaphram oiler, and the sprocket cover isn't tapped for the external chain tension adjustment.

Dan

Latest posts

Back