Homelite Tillotson carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ok Homelite and tillotson carb experts, I need some advice. I started investigating why my Homelite Zip wasnt getting fuel tonight, so I checked the in tank fuel filter which was fine. Then I removed the carb and cleaned that filthy pig inside and out and checked the fuel line. Then I reinstalled the carb and still no fuel.
I have not had too many carbs apart, and only have dealt with walbros. Does this carb use a diaphragm to pump fuel? How do I know if it is bad? Do I pop off the plastic cover on the bottom to get to it? Thanks in advance

If you have fuel coming out of the line where it goes on the carb, then the next step is to go inside. Tillotson HL rebuild kits are available for a few dollars. The main things to check are that the metering diaghram and fuel level diaghrams are pliable and do not have any holes. If they are hard or distorted, don't mess with them, just replace them with new. Next make sure the screen filter is clean. If it isn't, then go back to the filter in the tank. Now check the metering valve, make sure the lever is even with the castings on the carb, then try blowing air through it. I use a short piece of tubing to blow, with my mouth, through the hole right behind the fuel seat. While moving the lever in and out you should hear air blowing past the seat. I also remove the low and high speed screws, keep track of which one is which, and and spray through all the holes with carb cleaner then air. There is a little more to it then this, but if you have been in other carbs you will have no problems. The HL was made to serviced in the field, so it is pretty basic and simple. Hope this helps. ;)
So many saws, so little time. :cool: Larry

The hole for the carb pulse might be pluged or the line if it is that type of hl my two cents I used those carbs on my Kart motors..;)

Back