Homelite XL-101 help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dimanager

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My dad just gave me his old Homelite. He hadn't run it in two years, started after about ten pull, runs good and LOUD. The problem is the manual oiler loses its prime after sitting for a day. I pulled it out and it looks like it has a couple of o-rings on it, they look in good shape, not that that means anything. My question is, could there be something else causing it, or should I just change the rings and see what happens?

Thanks, Sam

My dad just gave me his old Homelite. He hadn't run it in two years, started after about ten pull, runs good and LOUD. The problem is the manual oiler loses its prime after sitting for a day. I pulled it out and it looks like it has a couple of o-rings on it, they look in good shape, not that that means anything. My question is, could there be something else causing it, or should I just change the rings and see what happens?

Thanks, Sam

one of my pioneer Holidays did the same thing. I changed the orings and it fixed it. Might do the same for yours. It was less than a buck at the local auto parts store.

Back