HOMEMADE CHAINSAW TOOLS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a need for a case splitter so I decided to make one. Got together with Glock37 and heres what we came up with. Have about a dozen getting fabbed up right now. I used it on my 044 project and it worked awesome. Found the plans here that someone posted.

cb7d684de89fa7b69b6f5ba583faf0ed.jpg

I made a very crude case splitter. I didn't/don't really have the tools to cut a fancy shape out of the plate easily. It has worked on several saws. But, I'd like to upgrade. Any chance I could get just the plates. I can do the rest myself. If not, I'd be interested in a splitter.
The issue with the one I made is that it really needs to be thinner stock to fit into the case better. And, there really needs to be more of a "C" shape to it. I've ground out more of the stock that goes into the case since this pic. But, I've split a few 359,372, 394,395 cases with this.

Attachments

• 2013-04-21_15-50-16_988.jpg
    2013-04-21_15-50-16_988.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 117
I had a need for a case splitter so I decided to make one. Got together with Glock37 and heres what we came up with. Have about a dozen getting fabbed up right now. I used it on my 044 project and it worked awesome. Found the plans here that someone posted.

cb7d684de89fa7b69b6f5ba583faf0ed.jpg

Post the link to the other thread or post the plans. I could even take them through PM. Thanks--this is great!

Post the link to the other thread or post the plans. I could even take them through PM. Thanks--this is great!

Ive been trying to find them, closest I cam was someone posting pictures of their home made splitter with a tape measure in the backround... Not exactly ideal... Unfortunately I dont have a welder so Im trying to figure out how Im going to build one.

Great job on the case splitter!!!

I would sure be interested in one also!!!!

Redfin, I like your seal puller!!!! Looks like it would work awesome. I made one out a screwdriver but have to use brute force instead of leverage....works but I bet not like yours!!
two tricks 1) hot a little the crankcase before you pull the seal, 2) meld the the rubber leeps of the seal with a soldering iron or something hot, then everything going better,

Ive been trying to find them, closest I cam was someone posting pictures of their home made splitter with a tape measure in the backround... Not exactly ideal... Unfortunately I dont have a welder so Im trying to figure out how Im going to build one.
if someone want, i can sent the stamps of the original in his adress with post. FREE

OldCat...this eliminates the need for the piston stop, correct ?? great idea ! This thread is full of neat stuff.
No this is for pull the flywheel from the crank , for open the the nut you need another tool , that i post it tomorow, or a piston stop.

the factory use impact tools , you think that they are wrong?
No, but Old-Cat and I were not on the same page when he said impact wrench. I was thinking of the Pic above and he was thinking of a hand tool combination. Now I know what he was thinking about and he knows what I was thinking of. Simple as that. Frankly, I've never used an electric impact wrench like the Dewey shown here to remove a flywheel, but I'm sure others may have. If so, I trust when removing that they adjusted the impact wrench to loosen it. These puppies can deliver tremendous torque, and I believe Stihl wants that flywheel nut tightened to about 30 Nm.

Back