Hot blast enemy or friend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7x7 inside flue going to need to bust out clay liners to get any insulated stainless down there, 5" round single wall will fit with the clay tiles in place then pour insulation in around it ( vermiculite ). I do not think a 5" double wall will fit with out busting out the clay liner. I had bust out the clay liners just to get a 6" single wall flex, stainless down and then pour insulation around it- it works but I am a bit leary of it in conjunction with the hotblast auto overfire unit.

1. Merry Christmas to all! Here's the final set up other then installing thermostat that will cycle the damper ever 20 minutes or so when the house it at temp. Trying to keep the fire a bit hotter in hopes burn up the coal bed a little more. I have more the. Enough coals I would just like to burn them a bit more without opening the damper by the switch on days that are more mild. The pice of duct tube isn't. Connected by he way. I switch front front to back to side to side witch helps keep the center main heat exchanger hotter and flue temps up slightly. image.jpg

1. Merry Christmas to all! Here's the final set up other then installing thermostat that will cycle the damper ever 20 minutes or so when the house it at temp. Trying to keep the fire a bit hotter in hopes burn up the coal bed a little more. I have more the. Enough coals I would just like to burn them a bit more without opening the damper by the switch on days that are more mild. The pice of duct tube isn't. Connected by he way. I switch front front to back to side to side witch helps keep the center main heat exchanger hotter and flue temps up slightly. View attachment 389394
So how is the Dorlet doing?
looking at them around my area. going to get one by next year. I have had this hotblast for 6-7 years can wait to get rid of it.LOL

The tundra is great. Seasoned wood is a must as you'll read all over the site about this stove. Also thermostat and adjustable thermo disc makes this unit a dream. I do think the hot blast has its place but that place would be in a garage when ur looking to stay warm while working. Very happy I switched with the cold weather now here.

Latest posts

Back