How common is this and would you pay more to avoid it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you willing to pay a little extra for UPS/Fedex shipping instead of USPS

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

fordf150

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Sponsor
Reaction score
Ok so it has been brought to my attention that USPS has been....crappy...as of late. Are you guys willing to pay a little more for parts/shipping/ or some combination of the above on the larger orders to avoid delays like this?

upload_2016-1-4_21-4-41.png

i voted no but that's because i'm from canuckistan. might be better between states but i find fedex and ups the **** **** up even worse going over border and seem to have even larger COD chargers on this end. between other canuckistanians and myself i just use canada post here. very rarely i might use a courier depending on the size of the shipment.

Yes i will pay a few more $$ for better delivery service. You know the trouble i've had its 4-5 days from you to me for USPS 2 day priority and i'm only 4hrs north.

Anything I have ever bought and had shipped USPS that is close to Columbus or has to go thru there, gets a ride around the country b4 it gets to me.

Yes i will pay a few more $$ for better delivery service. You know the trouble i've had its 4-5 from you to me USPS and i'm only 4hrs north.
That is what is screwed up with the USPS I received a package just before Christmas in 2 days from California, it takes a week to get a card from your neighbor.

Believe both FedEx and UPS have been guilty of using USPS to make their home deliveries of late. My wife's Christmas present went from FedEx to USPS . USPS decided the address was insufficient so they returned it to the service center and wished me good luck. Tracking number still shows it out for delivery. Seller understandably won't give me a refund as of yet.

Ron

Mine went from Ohio to Texas. Sat there for 5 days and when it did start to move again, 1 day to me.

id pay more to get it on time and not when they feel like it i have had a few packages like that take 10 days to go where could drive 4 hours usps is lazy and usually slow when i order from dave it should be here in 2 days but usually longer but i know its not his fault he has no control where it goes once it leaves his place

Unless this was a small package, I find FedEx to be cheaper than either USPS or UPS. I only use USPS for Priority on small packages. The USPS recently lost a saw that was headed my way and was insured for $1,300!
How did the loss claim process go? Did they pay in a timely fashion? Which party had to file the claim?
Just curious.

that would suck and im sure they gave excuses and try to blame it on others

i voted no but that's because i'm from canuckistan. might be better between states but i find fedex and ups the **** **** up even worse going over border and seem to have even larger COD chargers on this end. between other canuckistanians and myself i just use canada post here. very rarely i might use a courier depending on the size of the shipment.

Shipping north of the border is only viable with USPS, I've been greased by UPS on brokerage fees (used $300 fish finder, $100 in brokerage fees).

I will not order from the states if they won't ship it via USPS.

Edit: getting used to the new phone

My best tale is about a package that was going to MI, about 4 hours from me. It was at the buyer's PO and the next day showed up in Phoenix AZ. Thirteen hours later it was back at the buyer's PO and delivered 2 hours after that.

I was asking ford150, but still even first class, it should be 2 days max. priority should be next day.

I was curious, because I have had a lot of trouble in N.J.
Why from Ohio to Ky. it even goes thru N.J. is enough of a mystery.
I sent a bar to Sunfish from Michigan to Missouri and it went to Pennsylvania first and took almost 2 weeks. That was first class though.

Its 4-5 days from fordf150 in ohio to me in michigan for 2 day priority.

Sent 2 bars out Sat. 1-2-16 one to Michigan other to Ohio both delivered today USPS Priority..

2 weeks ago bar to MI. and it took 2 weeks USPS Priority

sent one to PA on Dec. 22 took till 31 USPS Priority.

December 14, 2015 to December 24, 2015 to MI....USPS Priority

Holiday time is bad

Back