How did you come here/Who brought you here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, i'm not up to 68 yet...lol

I searched yahoo for chain saw repair and got a couple links tht led nowhere, but the 3rd or 4th link down was this place. i was here for about a year and a half before I joined. i started with three saws of my own and a couple from buddies that dropped them off for me too look at.....

Hmmm, it has been a long and expensive road ever since. I've loved every bit of it..

popcorn and all :popcorn:

This site has Google by the cods.

I searched for stuff on trees and ran into the joint. Lurked for around 3 months then joined, made my first post, had it edited and got a warning!

I still remember that first post. Some guy was wondering whether to buy a 6", 9" or 12" chipper etc.

It was late, I had a few beers and just had to let it rip, I suggested he ask his wife ............. anyway I think you get the drift, whilst there were no vulgarities it was quite suggestive.

The warning was funny, how could I forget it, something along the lines of "this aint a place where you knock off work drink a heap of beer and make comments that some wont find humourus." LOL Damn, I was wondering where the hidden camera was. LOL

And to this day I still have to curb that wit coz it gets interpreted differently by the Americans ... us Aussies can sound a little uncouth but we dont have a myriad of banner wielding whackos to satisfy.

Stumbled onto this site thru google. I was doing some saw research and google pointed me in this direction. Great site with tons of info !!!!:bowdown:

Google.

The goodnews is I have only bought 2 new saws since getting on AS (about 3 months?)

The bad news I get less work in the studio since joining (longer lunch breaks on the laptop).

The good news is the two new saws are 7900s.

The bad news is I have my eye on at least 3 more new saws early next year.

Oh well, it is a great source of info and amusement.

I came in with the herd that exited/or was banished from {That other forum}, and hence most of that crowd has done the same from here.............................................................

I was just curious, because I always tell customers, from work, and ebay
too to come and join in.

I find it kind of amusing, that when a poster is fairly close, geographically,
they freak out and get real quiet, when I offer to help/meet them physically.

That will let me add another moniker to my signature......

"Chainsaw Stalker"................................

I came in with the herd that exited/or was banished from {That other forum}, and hence most of that crowd has done the same from here.............................................................

I was just curious, because I always tell customers, from work, and ebay
too to come and join in.

I find it kind of amusing, that when a poster is fairly close, geographically,
they freak out and get real quiet, when I offer to help/meet them physically.

That will let me add another moniker to my signature......

"Chainsaw Stalker"................................

Yep, my wife is that way. She thinks all you guys are pedophiles or have some other wierd disease other than chansaw accumulations and sawdust addiction. The first guys I brought home were my current milling buddies, then Chopwood. She's okay with them now, it's just the rest of you guys who are questionable....:biggrinbounce2:

Kind of missed you lately, Fish...and no, not in that sort of way either, no matter what my wife says about you guys.

Mark

Fish... ya back!

got here via google looking for info 034 super.
many saws and much lighter wallet later.....

Stumbled onto it by asking a milling ? on yahoo search. Next thing you know, the garage is full of chainsaws, back yard is full of logs and milling leftovers, my neighbors probably all hate me (I still live in town) and I just got finished rebuilding my first 066 from the very bottom, new bearings, seals, the works. All I have to say is ArboristSite is the place to be! Thanks to all of the members here, I could not have done it without you and your knowledge, patience, and experience, that you are all so willing to freely share. Thanks a million!:hmm3grin2orange:

referred

bought saw from dean of washington hotsaw. mentioned this site. thanks dean

Google.

Searching for general chainsaw info., and got sucked in. It is a cool site, can't help it.

Happy New Year.

Mitch

I was on TractorByNet and saw a reference to Bailey's and AS about 1 1/2 years ago. Stayed back in the shadows for quite a while observing and then one day got sucked into the vortex......:D

i found this site through google.
been on it every day since.
its a great site for those of us that have been bitten by the chainsaw bug.
I got a woodburner and its spiraled out of control since....lol

Im baaack.....

After being off a year cause of a computer problem,Im back with more saws and more attitude! Ive been on the sidelines hope to post some more:blob2:

Back