How did you come up with your user name?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greendohn, Dohn Green, my folks give me that back March of 1966 when I was born and it stuck, been using it every since.
The goofy spelling, Dohn, was used cause I'm a twin, gran'pa was John, that's what my brother got as well. The folks say they didn't want a Donald or Donnie cause it wouldn't fit, Hell, I dunno, she was from southern Kentucky and he was from Kansas,,they were both hillbillys and probably didn't know any better. It sure has screwed up a bunch of paper work over the years.

The ruins of the nearby military fort are named Ft. Churchill. It was built during the Civil war to deter the Confederates (both sympathizers and regular army) from trying to take the Comstock silver mines. I don't know why the Lincoln administration was worried about Confederate sympathizers when the name is Virginia City. :D

In school, we used to pick on a kid named Irving. I guess I'm the one that started it. This was 35+ years ago, and my friends and I still call each other Irving. Then, the RV commercials came out with the GoRving logo, and I don't have an RV. It's a habit that can't seem to be broken.

Icehouse

The road I live on, was named when U.S.F.S. had an "Icehouse" (not the beer) for their ranger station, cook house and crew quarters. Ice came from in front of my Grandpa's, circa 1900, homestead on the lake, about a 100 yards away, during middle of winter. Lots of history around here.

I rock climb a great deal, So when Cliffhanger came out in the first few scenes of the film Poppa Walton calls Sly Rockjock so it stuck with me. Got the License plate, keyfob etc!

Sort of a double entendre.

1) Joined because I wanted to learn more about saws, only had one, needed a second bigger saw.

2) Since I was now hanging out with all of these experienced people, I felt like just a wannabe.

I'm a long-time fan of Mark Twain- love how he dealt with a certain western cult in "Roughing It." No prisoners.

Remember "[userid here] In King Arthur's Court"? There ya go.

One of my favorite guns back in my paintball days, followed by the year I came up with it (or something like that). It was my old aol handle, and kept it around.

My brother's college mascot at Marshall University, his number and his graduation year

A buddy at work said I looked like Fedaburger from a movie. I've still yet to see the movie but everyone got a good kick out of it so It stuck. Whenever someone asks about it they just say "feed him a burger and he"ll work all day".

It was my mother's maiden name.

Actually I just panicked, which is unusual, cause I'm not the panicky type. Unless I'm at the disco

Latest posts

Back