How did you come up with your user name?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine from the early days of the intranet chatting on IRC, I misspelled my username the first time and it stuck, well so far anyways 19 years. And messing around with computers

Obviously, I'm a fan of westerns, and Festus was the name of my first real dog. He was a black lab and quite a character. He's been gone 13 or so years now, but I'll never forget him. I figure hopefully I'll never forget my username.

I was in the Marines. My last name is Hiner. My good Marine friend like to gripe----alot. He would always say, "Hiner, (followed by a short pause), man, can you believe that @#*%?" or "Hiner, (followed by a short pause), man, what the *$#%* are we doing this for?" or "Hiner, (followed by a short pause), man this is some bull*&^%!" It was constant. He said it so much that the Hiner and man started to run together and everybody started calling me Hinerman. I got out 14 years ago and to this day, nobody outside the Marines has ever heard that name; not my wife, my kids, my friends, my family. If I ever hear somebody shout "Hinerman" I know I have been spotted by an old Marine friend,,,until now since everybody on here now knows me by Hinerman. Cheers.

When I was self employed, the acronym for my business was JETS. So I used that on the internet chat forums, yahoo, etc. Well, my nickname from that became flyboy. The 553 is part of my zip code as flyboy was already used. And no, I do not fly planes. Brother does though.

If I had it to do over, my name would be Oakaholic.

Ted

I am a big fan of Farside cartoons. Larson has two recurring characters, cavemen, zog and thag. Caveman zog invents stuff. Anyway, I relate to zog because I love the whole idea of the Pleistocene, but also love the modern jetsons age, being a nerd. Feet firmly in both ages, fits my personality to a T, a caveman nerd. So one day many years back I am going to this big outdoors halloween block party, so went as zog. A lot of friends at work were there, so next day I get this nick. zogger is just a variation on that that I use on the net.

I like four wheel drives and i'm from america, so I done made myself a study, put 2 and 2 together, carried 12 and added 5 and come up with my handle

mines pretty boring. c is first letter of my name. bird is a nickname i got from the a guy i work with and now the whole crew calls me bird. and 14 is the number i had on my back when i played baseball. little league thru legion. like i said boring

A long time ago, when I first got into archery hunting, carbon arrows were brand new. The technology wasn't proven yet, so I opted to use Easton Aluminum arrows. I forget the exact size, but I think they were 2413's or 2314's. My buddies would always comment on how my arrows were like logs because they looked so fat. Thus, fatarrow was coined.

Latest posts

Back