How did you get your handle?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started a new job in '87 after the economy got me laid off from the prior one. "Corrections Officer" Hah! there is no corrections involved only warehousing the animals. Anyhow I needed a 'handle' on the net and thought 'turnkey' would be good (old name for a jailer). That was taken so I had to add numbers - they are meaningless.

Harry K

First name is Mike, I live in Mt. Falls. Mikey been a nickname forever....(Old Life cereal commercial)...and Mikey doesn't have to eat anything anymore, i'm an AARP menber!

In high school I use to play the game pacman alot. I could play all day. When ever it was time to go play or pratice high school foot ball my friend Eric Told me lets go Pacman. So he started calling me that and it has stuck with me ever since 1983. Some people in my town dosent know my real name but they know me by Pacman. Nothing to do with wood.

Well, back in High School days some buddies and I did a parody of the cheesey puppet cartoon Fireball XL5. I played Captain Steve Zodiac and in fact my name is Steve Z. , so I guess it just sort of stuck. :cheers:

It is the license plate on my Buick Grand National. A guy once wanted to street race me and once the "deal" was made, an older gentleman listening on just looked at that other guy and said, "You're History Bud" So I got the tag. (and won the race)

Hmmm... mine is obvious... if you knew me, you'd understand. I'm about 6'2" and 280. My partner in the tree service business is bigger than me.

Last edited:
My first post here was to the "free" firewood forum and I couldn't think of much else I had to offer in trade for some wood that would be of use to an arborist/logger/craftsman.
Me not have big money/equipment/experience but me can move heavy stuff real good. :lifter:

In high school I use to play the game pacman alot. I could play all day. When ever it was time to go play or pratice high school foot ball my friend Eric Told me lets go Pacman. So he started calling me that and it has stuck with me ever since 1983. Some people in my town dosent know my real name but they know me by Pacman. Nothing to do with wood.

Didn't you sign with the Cowboys?

BTW, my name is my initials plus location. Nick_in_Wi had the same thing, and it looked good to me!

Last edited:
My friends called me a boar pig because I kind of liked "chasin' the ladies". I also like things with big motors, so I combined my hobbies.

Scottish Clay pigeon Shooter
DTL mostly with a little Sporting thrown in
Ive shot ABT (wobble trap) for Scotland 4 times:)

First name is Mike, I live in Mt. Falls. Mikey been a nickname forever....(Old Life cereal commercial)...and Mikey doesn't have to eat anything anymore, i'm an AARP menber!
mikey--if you really are a aarp member--you need to look at what the management believes--if you own a gun--they would like to see it removed from you--no joke---when the brady bill was being brought on--they were all for it--and felt no individual should own a gun-----

I have enjoyed reading this strain of thread again.

Handle...

Reside in Pennsylvania and do a little plumb'n every now and then.

mikey--if you really are a aarp member--you need to look at what the management believes--if you own a gun--they would like to see it removed from you--no joke---when the brady bill was being brought on--they were all for it--and felt no individual should own a gun-----

Hey, You trying to hijack this thread with your political views. If so take them elsewhere. Im enjoying reading about peoples handles not your opinions!:angrysoapbox:

When my kids were still at home they called me geezer (probably a few other things too :laugh: ). I live on a hill and park my work truck down below. So when I'm dragging my tired butt up to the house at night and my wife notices me, she yells "Hi Geez".

I used to shoot alot of pool in the pubs. People ( drunks ) could not say my name, so I used my initials LT. I've gone by that for a long time, since then I have become a turnkey. No longer want to be called the LT. I can not stand a
cluster :censored: , so I grab the bull by the horns to get some order at work.
Thus people pick up on the initials and call me the LT. I love the thrill in the trees so I called the business LTREES. People know the name but cant find it in the phone book. I go strictly by word of mouth. Somebody knows LTREES. :greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back