How did you get your handle?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What everyone hears from my mouth when they want to borrow a saw while bucking firewood.

Not as much latley after finding and selling them all used saw, some of which I kind of want back now.

well mine goes back to the days of AOL and you could only have 10 letters... and I woke up one morning in '94 with the ken mellons song 'juke box junkie' so I got on line and came up with this spelling.. and have kept it ever since... now the @XXX.XXX has changed a few times. not bad .. keeping the same handle for 14 years now...

Got mine from my mother, my father wanted to name me Percival. There were a lot more choices in the first couple months of ArboristSite.

When we moved into the area where we live now, word spread pretty fast that I had a lathe, milling machine and a portable welder, and was a heavy truck mechanic for a while. Every farmer, logger, and contractor around kept me busy fixing their........ ah...... stuff.

When we moved into the area where we live now, word spread pretty fast that I had a lathe, milling machine and a portable welder, and was a heavy truck mechanic for a while. Every farmer, logger, and contractor around kept me busy fixing their........ ah...... stuff.

prolly got some interesting stories about some of the stuff brought in to be fixed and how much bailing wire and duct tape was used before... :dizzy:

Well, back in High School days some buddies and I did a parody of the cheesey puppet cartoon Fireball XL5. I played Captain Steve Zodiac and in fact my name is Steve Z. , so I guess it just sort of stuck. :cheers:

Every time I see your Avatar, it gives me the creeps. I take it you are into ventriloquism?

It is the license plate on my Buick Grand National. A guy once wanted to street race me and once the "deal" was made, an older gentleman listening on just looked at that other guy and said, "You're History Bud" So I got the tag. (and won the race)

OK, mines' a license plate too.

Spike was my grandfathers nickname. About 5 years ago I found a 1960 Olds 88 that was exactly like one that he had when I was a kid. Black, 2-door, 371CI engine, and really cool horizontal fins. Awesome car. So, I bought it and put his nickname and the year on the plate.

Somehow I ended up with the nickname "Chukk" when I was in college and most people only know me by this name. This is odd because my name is Justin. The townies round here are amused by my giant wood pile and one of them yelled over "Hey lumberchukk, whooooo!!!".

Ditto here. Not sure if it's a regional expression or if folks from outside Northern New England know what a woodbooga is. I'd be curious to know if anyone beyond my neighborhood uses the term. A woodbooga is basically a scrounge.

After a big storm, I'll pull into a neighbor's driveway and offer to clear away a downed tree - that's woodboogerin' (works as a noun or a verb).

Same thing if I hear tell of a local landowner who's had some logging done but the tops are left behind.

Or if I'm at a yard sale and see a pile of wood at a house with no noticable chimney, which inevitably leads me to offer, "I'd be happy to clean that up for you."

Same deal with the weekly trip to the dump's brush pile where I'll load up any stick of 3" or more (some times I've even come away with half a truckload of split& seasoned stuff. Guess there's some folks who don't like to burn dirty wood?)

Hahaha. It's funny how terms have different meanings in different parts of the country. Around here a woodbugga (wood booger) is when your doing woodwork (sanding, sawing, planing, etc.), and your nose gets all stopped up. You blow your nose to the best of your ability, but you have to go in to get the rest, which generally looks like a piece of particle board.
I'm glad you shed some light on that, I'll look at you in a whole new way now.:laugh: :cheers:

Andy

Ok, since I couldn't resist commenting, it's only fair that I play.:)

redprospector came from pure frustration.
In 2001 I shattered my left knee, which put me flat on my coutch for several months. I decided I'd use the down time to learn something about the computer. The first place I tried to register was Ebay. After trying probably 25 or 30 names that were already taken I finally thought ok, my beard is red, and I had been prospecting for gold with my son the year before. And there you have it.

Andy

I came up with mine years ago when I was first starting out using the e-mail and I thought I'd use something that I wouldn't forget, So I have this Blue Heeler dog (cattle dog) I used to call Pita, but when my dad came around he would call her Gink, which would piss me, but some how, some way it stuck. Well I finally looked up what it meant and it is basically says it's a disgusting person, I love it, so after 10+ years she still called Gink, ginker girl or ginkers. And the last part is the model number of my Triumph motorcycle. I use this name for all my e-mail and other forum names as well because I'm not creative and most important my memory sucks:)

Area code 318, firebug because whenever/wherever there is a fire- I'm drawn to it like a bug ( plus I like starting non arsonist type fires) and 49 was my first volunteer firefighter number when I first started in the fire service many, moons ago..

Well, not too interesting but a little funny. The "epic" stands for my current mountain bike, a specialized epic. The "klein" is brand of my first mountain bike. 22 is my favorite number. One day my brother asks me why my handle is e-pickle-n22. Even though I like pickles, I was pissed to find it in my handle name, now everybody thinks I have something to deal with pickles.:dizzy:

I live in Pennsylvania, and my neighbor used to see me working the woodpile and yell over to me "hey woodsman" and sometimes "woodsman, spare that child"; I've always been afraid to ask what that meant! :jawdrop: :greenchainsaw:

Me thinks it refers to taking the child to the woodshed,butt,sparing him the whooopin

Latest posts

Back