How do Huskys compare to Stihl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple solution , don't read his posts. no ones holdin a gun to your head.
Another quote of the day "think before you post"
Mike

I know, I know.

I see three solutions here.
#1 would be to use a spell checker
#2 would be that you could explain this in all future posts to anyone that hasn't read this post
#3 would be that mtnman puts an explanation in his sig line

If you believe I am the only one that will ever mention spell checker...
It's not about me, what I think, what I read or don't read. There's a whole 'nuther world out there.
Just thought maybe life could be easier for the guy.
cheers :cheers:

Ummm, you got your encryption turned on? :rolleyes:

He11uva way to help a guy out. Ever had to speak to someone with a speech impediment, I bet you're great at it. Solution # 4, once again, dont read the post. You may think I,m bashing you Chowdozer, but I'm not, Be thankful if you dont have any debilitating injuries. And be thankful for everyday you do have.

stihl ?

044 = 70.6

The formula does not compute.

Oh yeah... there is no comparison to a Stihl.:rock:

Gary

not trying to start a chainsaw conflict or anything but,help me answer this please.i starting cutting fence locust fence posts as my first job at the age of 12 years old,anyway i used a stihl 0026 but even with being a rookie at the time,,,the saw seemed to "fall on its face with the bigger logs"the stihl was only 2 years old at the time and i was not impressed with it. i am smart enough to not stereotype the performance of just one saw,but i will never go back from the huskys that i now own and love.....dont get mad guys just my opinion.......thank-you,,,,,,,,,,,Scott:laugh:

Any saw will fall on it's face if the wood is big enough, the chain dull enough, the operator heavy handed enough etc... Many factors in "satisfactory" performance...

As for Husky<>Stihl...

- Black and white
- Cats and dogs
- Religion x and religion y (how's that for PC???;) )
- Water and oil
- JB and Single Malt
- Coke and Pepsi

you get the picture...

speaking of sawc numbers why is huskly suddnely changing numbers? the 575 is the replacemnt for the 372 so are thre more to come my guess is the 385 will be a 585next or so and the 390, -590 395 -595? 3120- 5120 ? i notced they now havea 460 and the1 what ever . just my 02

575, the first 5 means the new design of engine. "strato engine"
390 has the resent engine design same as 372,385
460 hmmmm, not quite sure.

Don't change the way you write, I can understand.

Any saw will fall on it's face if the wood is big enough, the chain dull enough, the operator heavy handed enough etc... Many factors in "satisfactory" performance...

As for Husky<>Stihl...

- Black and white
- Cats and dogs
- Religion x and religion y (how's that for PC???;) )
- Water and oil
- JB and Single Malt
- Coke and Pepsi

you get the picture...

NO, What is JB and Single Malt

575, the first 5 means the new design of engine. "strato engine"
390 has the resent engine design same as 372,385
460 hmmmm, not quite sure.

Don't change the way you write, I can understand.

390 and 385 is quite different from the 372 etc.

The "4" in 455 and 460 designates that they are "farmer" saws, of the latest generation ("5" is pro, "2" will be "consumer", starting with the 240 it seems).

To confuse the picture, they have used "1", "2" and "3# over again a few times, "4" has also been used on the old 480, and "1" has also been used to designate the cheapest (Poulan made) consumer saws.........

Two digit numbers have usually been used to designate "farmer" or "consumer" saws, but not allways.....

:crazy1: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :crazy1:

Try to make some "rules" for older Jonsered(s) numbers - that would also be interesting.......

Bottom line is that you have to know quite a lot of the brands history, to make real sense out of given model numbers.

Last edited:
Hey Sawtroll,
What's the difference between a 394XP & 395XP Husky? Size and anything else you can think of. A friend of mine is trying to decide.

??????

390 and 385 is quite different from the 372 etc.

The "4" in 455 and 460 designates that they are "farmer" saws, of the latest generation ("5" is pro, "2" will be "consumer", starting with the 240 it seems).

To confuse the picture, they have used "1", "2" and "3# over again a few times, "4" has also been used on the old 480, and "1" has also been used to designate the cheapest (Poulan made) consumer saws.........

Two digit numbers have usually been used to designate "farmer" or "consumer" saws, but not allways.....

:crazy1: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :crazy1:

Try to make some "rules" for older Jonsered(s) numbers - that would also be interesting.......

Bottom line is that you have to know quite a lot of the brands history, to make real sense out of given model numbers.

Another words you have no idea. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back