How do y'all your saws so clean???!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndlawrence

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
All these saws I see that y'all are rebuilding are spotless most of the time I just have a failed attempt with a toothbrush...

After I tore down my MS310, I put all the large plastic parts in the dish washer when my wife was out of the house. They came out sparkling clean!

I built a home-made parts washer out of a large oil drain pan, then hooked up a 12v fuel pump with a tube to a parts brush. Plugged it in to an old 12v battery I had in the shop.

I've been using Simple Green heavy duty cleaner (it's blue colored) dilluted with water, and it shines everything up without corroding any of the metal parts.

my saws haven't been clean since the day they left the shop - as long as the air filter is clean and everything works, I couldn't care less about mud, sap, scratches etc on the plastic!

im not sure what your saying......but id like to buy a vowel please!!! lol u forgot a word....id like to solve the puzzle Pat. how do ya'll "get" your saws so clean???!!!

Sleeves and pant legs

For some reason, my shirt and pants inevitably get chainsaw gunk on them .

That must be how mine all look so clean..

Simple Green takes off orange Georgia clay. Works great on dirt bikes too...

I can usually get the outside decent but inside the clutch cover and behind the recoil cover around the flywheel I've been reluctant to spray anything to get it clean

Clean saw necessities

WD 40,lacquer thinner,tide laundry soap,purple power,q-tips,and most of all 60lbs of compressed air.

A bucket of warm water and some simple green or purple power mixed in and soak the parts if its a rebuild and torn down. I pull parts out first.

Latest posts

Back