How Do You Feel When Someone Renege's On A Sale?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is a wd 45? So that I may appreciate your character. :)

The WD-45 was a tractor manufactured by Allis-Chalmers between 1953 and 1957 before being replaced by the D series. The were sold in gas, diesel and propane versions.

acwd45.jpg

Legality of this issue

So I make an offer on a saw, it is accepted with an explanation of a timeline given for offers, then the individual closes their AS mail (so they can't receive any more emails), and they then set up to sell elsewhere.

How would you feel about this?

FYI if someone verbally offers you a deal, you accept it, and they promise you the goods they have formed a contract with you that would hold up in court. I wouldn't bother suing the scumbag but if I knew how to get ahold of them I would send them a letter saying I was considering legal action. Might make them think twice next time they decide to go back on their word. "a man is of his word"

I'll have to respectfully disagree Anthony.
I have met a few here that I would trust with my;

1) Wife
2) Truck
3) Guns
4) Chainsaws
5) Life
6) Dog
7) Even my WD-45

Mike

I'm glad you have people in your life that you can trust my friend.

Me, I have been burned my people I thought were best of friends. I find that trust is hard to come by in my world anymore. I do trust my mom and dad though.;)

I'm glad you have people in your life that you can trust my friend.

Me, I have been burned my people I thought were best of friends. I find that trust is hard to come by in my world anymore. I do trust my mom and dad though.;)

Make the most of what you're dealt. At least you have your parents. I have good friends and a great wife, but less than trustworthy parents. Count you blessings and learn from your hardships.

I think I may be in the scum bag category. I listed some parts saws here and promised I'd get back to a member here with some pics.
I haven't gotten back yet, but will. PM sent.
John

had it happen to me--guy on this forum has a johnny 2094---paid him the money by payapl, and after many pms,over a period of months--no saw--his comeupins will come back to him,and life goes on--------

Last edited:
had it happen to me--guy on this forum has a johnny 2195---paid him the money by payapl, and after many pms,over a period of months--no saw--his comeupins will come back to him,and life goes on--------
That's criminal. I wonder how many people he sold the same saw to?
Shouldn't be too hard to get some satisfaction out of PP if he can't prove that the saw was shipped.
John

Make the most of what you're dealt. At least you have your parents. I have good friends and a great wife, but less than trustworthy parents. Count you blessings and learn from your hardships.

Wow!

Sorry to hear that.

At any rate, a deal is not done until the item is with the buyer, and the
"funds" are with the seller.

I am still waiting on a few dozen buyers that are "on their way with the cash".

Any small engine shop that has been around for a while also has a huge pile
of unsellable parts that were ordered for "good" customers....

Nowadays I don`t put any faith into a deal done from a distance, only good transaction is when you slap the cash into the sellers hand and they hand you the merchandise. I have been more than lucky on transactions that have gone through without meeting face to face but could not count the times that the non contact sales have fallen through. Just chalk it up to experience and figure a better deal will always come along.
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back