How do you motivate the wife to cut tops...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Ringo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I like to cut down trees and haul them away. But only big trees, and to be more specific the big parts of the big trees. Less trips to the trailer, everything just piles up nice and quick.....you get a lot of bang for the buck on the big part, and it stacks up quick. That's why I settled on a cb 6048. Huge door and no splitting. I'm sure all you smart people have found ways to motivate your wives or significant others to cut up and haul the tops. I showed her where, and told her how much fun it would be, I even found a little saw she can call her own but nothings working.........I even told her if she cuts her own she can go ahead and load the stove with it in the winter...nothings seems to work.

you must make alot of money......i can't see why else she has stayed with you so long.

Good luck with that

I have been trying to get my wife out there, no luck i my end if you figure it out let me know:popcorn:

Strangely, mine volunteers to drag and chip the tops. Getting the saws out of her hands isn't always easy either. She'll even carry rounds up to about 14" to the truck. She occasionally complains a little here and there when it's really hot, but I think she does it to brag to her friends about what a hard working chick she is. Surprisingly, she's not a complete beast either. :laugh:

Last edited:
No, it's all in the initial screening process, she just seems to like power equipment so I ran with it. I have to drag her out of HD & Lowes. If they have a demo piece set up for customers to try (such as a power drill and a box of screws), we can be stuck there for hours! :laugh:

No, it's all in the initial screening process, she just seems to like power equipment so I ran with it. I have to drag her out of HD & Lowes. If they have a demo piece set up for customers to try (such as a power drill and a box of screws), we can be stuck there for hours! :laugh:

Might be my wife's cousin!

She's taken my MS260 & chaps and made moves toward my ported 7900.

My pickup and trailer are now alarmed 24/7.

This has all occurred in just the last couple of months.

Might be my wife's cousin!

She's taken my MS260 & chaps and made moves toward my ported 7900.

My pickup and trailer are now alarmed 24/7.

This has all occurred in just the last couple of months.

LOL, I hear ya. On this end, getting the 880 Mag out of her hands is damn near impossible. I have to keep the truck keys hidden as well, given a chance she'll take ownership of that in heartbeat! The dump trailer I just bought... she's already planning on loading her 'summer' car in the back of it for winter storage. I can just picture her pushing the "up" button next spring to "unload" it. :cry:

My buddy got his wife a rechargable chainsaw. She loves it. Thinks it's cute, therefore meaning it has to be used. :clap:

My wife has run a splitter for me a couple of times but I don't think I could get her to make it a habit. She ain't gonna haul anything anywhere. I'd have to get her some kinda cute motorized method of doing it before she'd even consider it. I don't think I really want her to run a saw. She might like it and then I'd be the one stuck looking after children while she got cut firewood.

Probably just not in her makeup

Women seem not to have the interest in the outdoors and outdoor work as men. Heck, I even have a son-in-law that wouldn't touch a broken limb unless maybe you payed him $10.00 to pick it up. We live in a wooded 3 acres and in 14 years I bet my wife has worked in the yard dealing with wood maybe 3 times and only because of major storms. And she says if I die before her the place is up for sale the next day and she's buying a condo. She loves living here but not the work required. But........I don't begrudge her because she has other admirable qualities I don't have or want to have. (Like dealing with the insurance co. etc.) However, now I really think about it my son-in-law is just plain damn lazy :).

OH please, if I can't get away in the woods, where am I to go? Its bad enough she's been trying to take over the barn....

My wife hunts with me (killer at heart), helps milling, can back the trailer up better than me (really cool showing this off on the Tug Hill), drives a Fat boy, and can run with anyone on a wheeler. She will split wood all day and will work right beside me till I drop. We have built two camps and house together. She never showed any interest in a chain saw and I will never push it. She is a beautiful woman who knows how to handle a AR15. I think she would shot my "manly" a.. if I ever pushed it. Pick the good women to start with and you will never have a problem. Keep in mind the disposal fee is very high.

Mine looks at me like I got 2 heads when I suggest we take a walk out to see the wood shed. Her idea of camping is Hampton Inn. She's not prissy, but just doesn't want to ruff it.

my wife stacks the wood I split and I am thankful for that. Although the price I pay is lots of advice on how to do stuff better than how I currently do it.

C

Mine will chainsaw if i would let her, don't trust her after she bout took off her leg lucky she missed. She goes with me to cut and will haul the stuff to the truck, Helps me unload, helps me stack, will take care of the fire. She don't like to split by hand but will help with the splitter. shes complains the whole time about why the heck are we doing all this work i remind here of the propane bill she says oh yea thats right. gotta love a smart ass wife that helps you do this crap..........:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back