how do you transport your wood out of the forest?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
photo-73.jpg

M101a2 Mil Trailer.

Just got her in tip top for bout $500 via auction.

This sucker can extract the wood from wherever my 4x4 can git, and keep on towing on down the hwy at speed w/ no worries.

Surge brakes, parking brakes, f/r adjustable "landing gear", lunette/pintle hitch, mil spec off-road rubber, etc.

I likey.:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
I use my S-10 or Polaris 500 with a 4x8 trailer.Or for the heavy loads I borrow this truck and trailer from work:hmm3grin2orange: That trailer is close to 1 million new.If all else fails I carry um out on my shoulder.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I use my jeep alot it is very manueverable. Sometimes I pull a old pickup truck box style trailer I built. Sometimes I use my 1950 John deere B and my grandpas old david-bradley hay wagon. I also have a couple of 3/4 ton dodge trucks I use and my 1947 Dodge 2ton truck. Or my yamaha grizzly. I want a skid steer but man they dont give them away.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

For firewood this (with the plow off):

64convertible004.jpg

Or this:

2890904670097493054S600x600Q85.jpg

Sometimes with a small tractor and trailer:

Echobowsaw012.jpg

I have used both of these to haul logs:

FordF-350004.jpg

How about this idea?

Logcarts002.jpg

Here's the setup that we fabbed up to haul wood. It usually rides on the back of a 7000 with 800lbs of weight on the front and a brush cage. This particular tractor doesn't have a skid plate, but the bottom rails of the cage run along the bell housing and keep the debris from damaging the hoses, filters, etc. The basket will hold three rows of 18" wood. The problem is that about 2.5 rows will make the front end of the tractor light. Two loads are a heaping load on a CTD.

attachment.php

You Aussies have got to quit posting pictures of all those cool trucks we can't get over here. I dare say I would trade all my saws for one and throw in a 1982 FJ40 to boot. Ron

Sorry Ron, only just saw this response. That's a Landrover. The Poms can keep the bloody things, lol! The fella who drives the thing has thick skin to put up with the ribbin he gets.

christmas06various003.jpg

This is the middle of summer and the tracks fitted are because the terrain so steep it's the only way to get traction. This was a private plantation and we had access to all the beaut hardwood we could be bothered with.

:msp_thumbup:

Here's one of the 2 main trucks we use to haul outa the bush. It's a 88 F150 4X4 5.0 auto 4in lift Miller locked rear 32's and chains, $200 and it came with a parts truck taboot. It's lived for 4 years with 2 rows of 4ft's over the cab every trip and no sign of giving up yet. Here we'd blown a front chain and was fealin' lazy and I cheated to put it back on.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...0165363293714_572943713_8325840_2707566_n.jpg

Here's one of the 2 main trucks we use to haul outa the bush. It's a 88 F150 4X4 5.0 auto 4in lift Miller locked rear 32's and chains, $200 and it came with a parts truck taboot. It's lived for 4 years with 2 rows of 4ft's over the cab every trip and no sign of giving up yet. Here we'd blown a front chain and was fealin' lazy and I cheated to put it back on.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...0165363293714_572943713_8325840_2707566_n.jpg

That is one ugly Ford.

Freek wheres the picture of the truck after the tractor ran it over?

Ya it is but it's just a yard truck. Here's a better shot and a couple more over the years.

76 Dodge 2X4 loaded till ya can't put the toe of your boot under the hitch.

79 Ford 4X4 6in lift and 33's, ran over by the neighbors tractor, damn the good ones go early.

That is one beautifull Dodge.

Back