How has your chainsaw "taste" evolved?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a property with two big native trees, and knew i needed A chainsaw. A client at work gave me one, and I stumbled across AS trying to i.d. it. Turned out to be a Husky 380CD. It was a bit heavy, so it transpired i didn't need A chainsaw, i needed THE chainsaw. That saw a money swallowing 262 purchased off our online auction site. Love it, one size does all, will never need another........then i was up a ladder one day pruning and thought "something a bit smaller would be safer" and THE 242 was researched and acquired from same online auction site, my set is completed, or so i thought.........then i was helping dad buck some firewood and couldnt reach through the trunk even from both sides, now i NEED a modern big saw to pull the 28" i have on order if the porting job on the 380 never gets off the ground.

I work rotating shifts and have a young family so my saws are runners rather than projects due to time constraints, but i found a Mac Super250?? and a Pioneer 650?? under the in-laws house recently if i ever evolve a need for'classic resto exposure'.

You guys sure gotta lot to answer for.....

Adam.

I tend to lean towards older saws as I only require them to cut a small amount of firewood, the rest is collecting & getting them up & running. Mostly they are pre chainbrake/ Av jobs, but if anything comes up cheap or better still free, i usually take it in. so as you can imagine I don`t own any Stihl or Huskys as they usually require a fairly large sum of cash to aquire. However I have, Pioneer, Dolmar, Homelite, Alpina, PM, Poulan,Skil, I don`t go for any one brand over another as I like the fact that all are different & all have good/bad bits,&working on them broardens ones outlook[ they all are after all built to do a job]+ I find it interesting to see how different makes go about setting up to make their product do a certain task Would not turn down any saw new or old if it`s within my price range[That makes me sound REAL cheap, Ar Well]

Latest posts

Back