How I baby my 2 stoke motors.... 30-1 instead of 50-1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not if you tune your equipment I run all my equipment new and old at 32 to 1 and tune it for such. As a matter of fact my Stihl kombi tool was blowing extra oil out of the muffler from the dealership when it was running 50 to 1 bc 1 I was using the recommended Stihl oil(junk) and 2 think it was tuned rich.
I run 80 to 1 all day everyday with every 2 stroke . I run it in my old lawn boy mower I start with starting fluid. The next nonsense is loud or no muffler to make power. Most small engines will not run with out a muffler or air filter. I really don't care what people think my view is. I ran a lot of stuff for a long time .

Please explain what do you mean more power? How does running 100:1 make more power?
I run 80 to 1 for decades not sure I lost power? I watch a lot of drag racing. Adding extra oil would be a cheap and easy edge. Never have I heard! I this one ! I just add more oil than anyone else and won. Might be a trade secret? My weapon a 95 neon should beat everything at the dragstrip just add extra oil. I could rip the air filter out and get rid all the exahust add 10 quarts of oil . I Just beat the crap out of everyone .

I run 80 to 1 for decades not sure I lost power? I watch a lot of drag racing. Adding extra oil would be a cheap and easy edge. Never have I heard! I this one ! I just add more oil than anyone else and won. Might be a trade secret? My weapon a 95 neon should beat everything at the dragstrip just add extra oil. I could rip the air filter out and get rid all the exahust add 10 quarts of oil . I Just beat the crap out of everyone .
OMG clueless 😆
Why do people with little to no understanding about engines bring four stroke vehicle engines into two stroke oil mix discussions and add silly crap like the above and think they are somehow clever 🤔

I'll explain the basic differences for ya k.
4T's get straight oil on the bore for excellent ring seal and long engine life, this is fixed the operator has no input in how much or how little oil is used on the bores. Thank god or people like you would be trying to limit this bad oil lol

2T's get oil from the mix the more oil in the mix the better the ring seal = more power this is fact end of discussion.

You recommend running 80:1 with no understanding of what is going on inside ya engine this is a terrible sales pitch. I for one will never run 80:1 thanks to you recommending it alone 😆

I always look forward to a post from Mr Rogue60, especially relating to oil!
For what it's worth, most of the serious blokes that I know add a fair bit more oil than 50/1 but don't seem to stress too much about the brand of the oil.
Probably more important things to worry about

I always look forward to a post from Mr Rogue60, especially relating to oil!
For what it's worth, most of the serious blokes that I know add a fair bit more oil than 50/1 but don't seem to stress too much about the brand of the oil.
Probably more important things to worry about
I was just joking around I actually don't run any oil in my saw mix haven't for decades the power increase is impressive. If people don't believe me of the benefits of no oil they should try it themselves the results will shock them.

Big difference between a 4 stroke and a 2 stroke engine. As was said in another thread adding more oil to the mix on a 2 stroke can increase life and give you a better ring seal. Adding more oil to a 4 stroke will do nothing but have oil blowing out of the exhaust. the equivalent would be adding a bigger oil sump/pump to the 4 stroke engine again their still wouldn’t be any gains.

Yes....The four-stroke engine retains the exhaust gases inside longer then two stroke one...

My opinion is that because of that "feature" it should run even hotter...?
Yes, but a two cycle has twice as many firing events and thus has much higher piston temps as a result.

Also keep in mind the time the mixture is exposed to heat in a 2 vs 4 cycle. The 2 cycle is hotter, but much less time. 4 cycle is cooler but the intake charge is exposed to heat for much longer.
Only in a carbed application, port and direct injection the fuel is kept pretty cool vs a carb set up in a 4 stroke.

Only in a carbed application, port and direct injection the fuel is kept pretty cool vs a carb set up in a 4 stroke.
Even with port the distance between the injector and the combustion chamber is longer. Plus with a four cycle the charge is exposed to heat for an extra stroke.
Direct injection is of course right into the chamber, but I believe the injector fires while the piston is at the bottom of its stroke.
Race fuels for two strokes always have lower temp distillation curves for this reason.

OMG clueless 😆
Why do people with little to no understanding about engines bring four stroke vehicle engines into two stroke oil mix discussions and add silly crap like the above and think they are somehow clever 🤔

4T's get straight oil on the bore for excellent ring seal and long engine life, this is fixed the operator has no input in how much or how little oil is used on the bores. Thank god or people like you would be trying to limit this bad oil lol

2T's get oil from the mix the more oil in the mix the better the ring seal = more power this is fact end of discussion.

You recommend running 80:1 with no understanding of what is going on inside ya engine this is a terrible sales pitch. I for one will never run 80:1 thanks to you recommending it alone 😆
Agreed. Why someone would spend thousands of dollars on chainsaws only to run a lean air fuel mixture to try to save a few dollars is beyond me. Also starting as two-stroke with starter fluid is a stupid idea. If you have to do it used to cycle mix.

OMG clueless 😆

I have mix 32 to 1 in a 2 cycle the results a lot of smoke a really oily muffler and the power was down, I have put too much oil in a 4 cycle with about the same results. I just got the same results from both engines. Other than that hydro lock all your 2 cycles with oil, reverse the mix 32 parts oil 1 part fuel. A saw that never runs never blows up.

I have mix 32 to 1 in a 2 cycle the results a lot of smoke a really oily muffler and the power was down, I have put too much oil in a 4 cycle with about the same results. I just got the same results from both engines. Other than that hydro lock all your 2 cycles with oil, reverse the mix 32 parts oil 1 part fuel. A saw that never runs never blows up.
Learn to tune a carb... and get a clue about the differences between the two engines.
Overfilling a 4 cycle just pumps oil into your intake typically via the PCV valve...

Back