How I baby my 2 stoke motors.... 30-1 instead of 50-1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I said had nothing to do with feelings. It has to do with engineering and fluid flow. While I agree that more oil may be needed at some conditions than others, my main point stands: there is a point where no further improvement in results is possible. That is when the rings are fully filled with oil and the oil film on all wearing parts is unbroken. If you think things will still improve beyond that point, try running 50% oil and see how well your saw runs. There is such a thing as too much.
And I am telling you you are full of it.

I'm sure you are an expert? You must be a pretty miserable guy, You are lucky to have internet forums or you would be arguing with a wall.
I'm just stating the obvious. You can throw around being a mechanic. However thats not impressive. Most mechanics are clueless on this subject and instead resort to old wives tales they here in the shop.
I'm happy as can be, buddy.. I just detest stupidity on these forums..

In a vehicle if you over fill the engine with oil the excess oil drains down into the diff via the tail shaft so it doesn't matter. Same goes for chainsaws if you put to much oil in the mix the excess drains into the bar oil tank, but be careful my brother hydrolocked the oil pump doing this as the bar oil tank was over filled silly bugger.

I'm just stating the obvious. You can throw around being a mechanic. However thats not impressive. Most mechanics are clueless on this subject and instead resort to old wives tales they here in the shop.
I'm happy as can be, buddy.. I just detest stupidity on these forums..
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=why+do+rings+in+an+engine+stick
More oil will not cause more deposits in the ring grooves, in fact the opposite.
From Google,

What causes rings to get stuck in piston?

Image result for oil burning causes piston rings to stick

https://www.google.com/search?q=oil...IAQ24AQPAAQHaAQYIARABGAk&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

Stuck piston rings are caused by carbon deposits in the ring grooves. Hard carbon, a result of poor fuel combustion, virtually cements the rings into the grooves. In the past, the only way to free up stuck piston rings so they seal properly again, was to overhaul the engine.Apr 19, 2021

This is from Valvoline on google.

What happens if the mixing ratios in a 2 stroke engine are incorrect?​

If you put too much oil, it can generate additional carbon build-up, making it difficult to start the engine, blow excessive smoke which is particularly bad for the environment and may (with time) cause the engine to stop operating correctly. But, if you add too little oil, it will (with time) not lubricate the moving internal engine parts or offer the needed engine protection, which will cause wear, friction and overheat, and may damage the engine permanently.

https://www.valvoline.com/en-au/importance-of-2-stroke-product-application/
Now you 2 GENIUSES can carry on!

And it's "HEAR" not "HERE"

If you tune your equipment theirs not extra smoke and guess what it burns just like it would at whatever the factory recommended. but adding a bit more oil to your mix will protect your bearings. It’s obvious that some of you are willing to believe whatever is said to you bc that’s what the factory wants and yes they want to sell you new equipment in a couple years. that’s one of the reasons 50-1 is a recommended mix it’s also one of the reasons Stihl is Stihl recommending their crappy oil.

More oil will not cause more deposits in the ring grooves, in fact the opposite.
Most guys don't understand that much of the deposits in a two cycle come from the gasoline and not the oil.
Running more oil has a solvent effect and it contains detergents that prevent buildup.

Back