How long a bar will a 261 cm v2 oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
Reaction score
My MMWS 261 v2 is currently wearing an 18" bar but I'm wondering what's the longest bar it will oil. Might have to do some experimenting, but hopefully someone has already tread this path and worked it out.
It's got the power for a longer bar but not much point if it won't comfortably oil longer.

Thanks.

My MMWS 261 v2 is currently wearing an 18" bar but I'm wondering what's the longest bar it will oil. Might have to do some experimenting, but hopefully someone has already tread this path and worked it out.
It's got the power for a longer bar but not much point if it won't comfortably oil longer.

Thanks.
Depends on what you're cutting. Soft wood with plenty of moisture a 24" bar and chain wool be fine, in hard dry wood I'd say 20" would be about it. I personally run 18" on all my 50cc saws.

Thanks for the replies. 18" does well in dry gum, and it still amazes me how well this saw stands up in such hard, dry timber. I finally got the chance to fell some trees with it yesterday, so the first time in green wood, and it just laughed at the wood which got me thinking it could power a larger bar for felling, but then how much larger. I'll try a 20 and then 24" when next felling trees and see how it goes.

This saw is so good my 7900 is getting nervous.

I ran a 20" on my with no issues, but i was cutting soft woods like fir and pine.

Latest posts

Back