how long to blow up with straight gas guess your best

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
i know this isn't a chainsaw but its a 2 stroker,,i got 1 of those wild hairs up my but today,, i had one of those stupid POS weedeater brand weedeaters given to me the other day so i spent about 20 minutes getting it running today just for the heck of it,, well i got it running and just had one of the wild hairs tickling my but crack,, so what the heck,, got the video camera out,, poured the mix out of the tank,, filled with straight gas,,wire tied the throttle wide open and fired it back up,,i waited and waited and waited and waited,,geezzzz,, is this POS ever going to blow up:msp_mad::msp_mad:,, then waited some more and waited,,well :censored: blow up freaking already,,,,well it finally started banging and knocking and the :censored: thing still didn't blow up,, WTF is wrong here??? :bang: and then finally it slowed down and stopped,,,i figured it finally seized up,,WRONG,,, i was still able to pull this dang POS weedeater over,, wasn't much compression but it pulled over,,,, well i pulled it all apart and can you believe this,, the piston and everything still looked pretty good but it did have some aluminum in the muffler,, i was expecting the p/c and bearings to be smoked but they where not bad at all,, ok,, now guess your best how long it took to shut down,,, i will post the vid later on with the time to really start watching,, put it this way its a long vid,, longer then the one i did when i blew up a lawn mower

It did sieze up, but let go when the piston cooled. Happens almost immediately. Those have a chromed piston and a bare cylinder. The alluminum in the muffler is from the jug. I've seen several straight-gassed weedeaters. Worked for Sears Service in the '90s. Hate those damn things....

You ruined it within a minute or less, but it would've kept running for 12 minutes and 34 seconds by my guess....

Last edited:
ok,,, i will spill it,, it is a long vid but i didn't have a way to cut it,, the good part starts right about 8 minutes,, notice the smoke after it stops

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UXPb4QZ0RQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DAT BOY AINT RIGHT !

groundsman002.jpg

But just for the video , ya can borrow my groundsman for a day !

maybe he should change his screen name to "1-8up mutha f150"

Last edited:
DAT BOY AINT RIGHT !

groundsman002.jpg

But just for the video , ya can borrow my groundsman for a day !

maybe he should change his screen name to "1-8up mutha f150"

you ain't right mike:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I picked up a big old Stihl Auger setup from a local nursery, that used it for drilling holes for plants, they said they couldn't get it running last fall.
Over the winter, I tore it down and called them back, and said, well I am sorry, but one of your crew must have used straight gas the last time they used it...... It needed piston/cyl/bearings/seals/etc.....

They were shocked, "What do you mean???? We have always used straight gas in that thing.... It says "GAS" on the fuel cap!!!!"

I didn't know what to say. He claimed that they bought it years ago, and have used it for over a decade like that....

Latest posts

Back