how many saws do you have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how many saws do you have

Votes: 6 2.4%

Votes: 14 5.6%

Votes: 21 8.5%

Votes: 19 7.7%

Votes: 31 12.5%

Votes: 22 8.9%

Votes: 19 7.7%

Votes: 10 4.0%

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • 10 plus

Votes: 100 40.3%

• Total voters
I have maybe 10 that i can pick up and run at any time, 10 more that might need a carb kit after sitting, and possibly another 10 to 20 that I'm deciding whether to pursue.

Too many, really, I can't keep them all running. Ideally, I think 10 saws would be an ideal number with maybe 1 or 2 projects going on..... it would cover all the bases with sufficient backup, and I have decent storage for about that number.

No spot for 0 saws :(

You have come to the right place! Once you get one you will want another then another! It will never end. Lots of threads on what saws to get for first timers if you do a search. Alot of good info. Oh and welcome aboard.

Right now I only have 3 but am thinking about adding 1 more. I used to have 4 but sold a couple to buy a newer 1.

Thanks for the welcome robfromaz1977

I can change that in a hurry. When I get back from my trip, I have a couple Mac project saws that you can have for free.

!! That would be most welcome. I have 10 acres of pines that I need to manage and and harvest for firewood and have not quite bit the bullet to buy a saw.

Thanks for the welcome robfromaz1977

!! That would be most welcome. I have 10 acres of pines that I need to manage and and harvest for firewood and have not quite bit the bullet to buy a saw.

I'd be happy to send them to you when I'm back, around mid-February. I'm not sure what kind of work they need but mostly it would be elbow grease and time, not necessarily buying a lot of parts.

Right now none run well the 3700 does but needs its metering lever adjusted.
The 3400 just needs new fuel line, ran great before.
Then i have 2 poulan 1800s one thats blown, the other with bad crank seals. So i can make a runner out of both them.

Well lets see i have 2 husky 288,s 2 solos 3 Mcculloch,s 3 stihlsand some more not running

I have 8 saws, 2 are not running at the moment due to lack of parts-time. I just started collecting a little over a year ago so not to bad.

I believe I have 6 stihls waiting for parts. 5 stihls that run but need a little something before they get used or sold. I have 1 stihl and 1 husq that run fine but need new cranks. 5 stihls that will start but doubt they would rung for long.

1 echo top handle , 1 red max top handle , 1 019t , 1 026, 0ne 034, one 55 rancher , 1 ms460 all of which I use.
so that makes...... well I don't know because I am missing 4 fingers on my left hand and can't see my toes.

Two Echos running CS 500VL and CS 300. One Homelite 330 not running and getting sworn at a lot when I try, though I have no earthly use for it if and when it does. I've been told by pros that here in NY, it's not a good idea to try to sell these older saws without chain brakes because there are liability issues, so it looks like the Homelite is here to stay, even if I get it running.

I am embarressed to vote in the poll because right now I only have 6 but have had over 300 if I kept them all.:cry:

I currently have 2 both are Stihls
044 with a 32 and 20 inch bar
391 with a 25 and 20 inch bar

Is this a trick question?

Which one pulls the 20-inch bar and chain faster, the 391 or the 044?

Just curious.

MS391 @64 cc and 4.4 HP vs MS044 @70 cc and5.4 HP. I believe the MS391 revs faster, but the 044 will carry the load better with a higher "loaded" chain speed with equal bar/ chain loads as compared to a 391.

Current runners

(3) Mac 610-650, (2) Stihl ms200t, (1) Stihl MS390, (2) Stihl MS460, (2) Stihl MS660, (1) Stihl 088 --way to heavy! (1) Husky 55, various small poulans.. lots of maintenance.. About six saws under the bench needing work also. Can you say CAD?:chainsawguy:

Two Echos running CS 500VL and CS 300. One Homelite 330 not running and getting sworn at a lot when I try, though I have no earthly use for it if and when it does. I've been told by pros that here in NY, it's not a good idea to try to sell these older saws without chain brakes because there are liability issues, so it looks like the Homelite is here to stay, even if I get it running.

What did we ever do before the chain brake came out? Don't forget, the "good chain" may also be a liability issue.

Latest posts

Back