how many saws do you have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how many saws do you have

Votes: 6 2.4%

Votes: 14 5.6%

Votes: 21 8.5%

Votes: 19 7.7%

Votes: 31 12.5%

Votes: 22 8.9%

Votes: 19 7.7%

Votes: 10 4.0%

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • 10 plus

Votes: 100 40.3%

• Total voters
Two Echos running CS 500VL and CS 300. One Homelite 330 not running and getting sworn at a lot when I try, though I have no earthly use for it if and when it does. I've been told by pros that here in NY, it's not a good idea to try to sell these older saws without chain brakes because there are liability issues, so it looks like the Homelite is here to stay, even if I get it running.

If the 330 doesn't run good and you can't figure out why, try looking under the carburetor at the rubber boot. They are notorious about wearing out. Not too hard to change but time consuming.

it's bad when you have enough saws where you can't remember if you left a saw at your aunts house or not..

kivnul,

i have a 136 that runs but it need a couple parts. if your goin' through in my neck of the woods you can have it..

also buy a pair of chainsaw chaps they are about $50-60.
they are sweet for walking thru thistle

15+ go to saws at any given time. Half dozen vintage beasts for fun and bunch of future projects when I get the time (another 15 give or take).

how many saws?

I have 5 at the moment . I could always use another saw but which one?:confused::confused:

it's bad when you have enough saws where you can't remember if you left a saw at your aunts house or not..

kivnul,

i have a 136 that runs but it need a couple parts. if your goin' through in my neck of the woods you can have it..

also buy a pair of chainsaw chaps they are about $50-60.
they are sweet for walking thru thistle

It will most likely be 1year+ before I am down in California again, but thanks for offering it up. As for Chaps, I definitely plan on snagging a pair.. Seen what a chain can do to a leg and don't want to personally experience it.

Let's Get Back to Basics

I really only need one or two saws to cut wood this week, just in case I am running low on good firewood. I'm not in any way, but the exercise would be fun, so I might bring in a truckload because the sun is shining also.

What are you guys waiting for? A blizzard? :bowdown:

Hmmm...

Have not lined em all up and counted them.. and not all of them are on my signature..

Lets see..

2 X Sthil 200T
1 X Stihl 026
1 X Stihl 260
1 X Stihl 361
1 X Stihl 441
1 X Sthil 460
1 X Shtil 660
1 X Stihl 270
1 X Husquvarna 372XP
1 X Echo 330T

Not sure if that is all .. but all I can recall right now.

Earlier this year I had a Stihl 170, Stihl 192T, Echo 340T, Husqvarna 372 and Husqvarna 338XPT.

Last edited:
MS391 @64 cc and 4.4 HP vs MS044 @70 cc and5.4 HP. I believe the MS391 revs faster, but the 044 will carry the load better with a higher "loaded" chain speed with equal bar/ chain loads as compared to a 391.

you are correct the 044 does pull the 20 faster once it is under a load but the 391 does rev a little faster than the 044.

Latest posts

Back