How Many Saws Have You Snuffed?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snuffed Saws

I snuffed 3 372's in one year so I made the change to Stihl's.Have had alot better luck with them till I ran over one 044 with skidder and bought new 460 couple moths ago ran one tank of fuel and blew up.So the dealer rebuilt it got one tree out of it this time blew up again so they give me a new one that one must of being a dud.

Dad's Saw

Thought I'd help out dad about 5 years ago with some firewood. Started bucking up a cherry I felled for him in the driveway. Had his old reliable 034 super. Good runnin' saw. Made a few blocks and then the familiar sound that a 2-stroke gets when it jumps up 1000 rpm in a split second. Bang, sawing over for the day. Apparently a bearing in the crank came apart and took out everything, crank, piston and cylinder. I have the remains in a box in the barn.
Gave him an excuse to upgrade I guess.

this is my 460 the day after the rebuild it still has good innards they are going to keep the 044 puttering along

this is my 460 the day after the rebuild it still has good innards they are going to keep the 044 puttering along

Nice work looks like the 044 I modified with the skidder blade a few years ago. :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back