How many shirts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rydnruff

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of you bring extra shirts with you in the truck to change when you soak the first one in sweat. I personally go thru about 6 shirts in 8hrs. when the temp is above 80 deg. and 90% humidity. Am i a freak for sweating so much or am i not alone?

I was just wondering how many of you bring extra shirts with you in the truck to change when you soak the first one in sweat. I personally go thru about 6 shirts in 8hrs. when the temp is above 80 deg. and 90% humidity. Am i a freak for sweating so much or am i not alone?

Why change them? I just wear them til the job is done.

Oh, and yesterday it was 96° and about 70% humidity.

shirts

Three or four a day is the norm for summer. Hopefully the first one has dried out before the last ones toast!

Guess I didn't realize changing shirts during the day was an option. All I keep in the truck are a raincoat and *******. Grease rags too, in case I run out of *******.

Edit: Forgot the dress for when the groundy's are whining. Hey, there's a dress in the truck if you need it.

Down here I always take 2 shirts ,eventhough the first one is soaked and full of sawdust by 9:00 am ,I deal with it until time for the ride back,stop at the store, or an estimate on the way home.

I take one large towel and one small one [goes up the tree with me] and take an upper body ho bath with the hose before putting on the clean shirt.

I bought a few of these at walmart last year. Made of the wicking material keep you dry and cool in most weather, also they resist sawdust and chips pretty well. They were on sale for like $5 and came in safety orange. I wish I bought more.\

awesome to work in. I bring one extra shirt in case need to stop on the way home or something drastic happens to the first.

0076125354696_215X215.jpg

Down here I always take 2 shirts ,eventhough the first one is soaked and full of sawdust by 9:00 am ,I deal with it until time for the ride back,stop at the store, or an estimate on the way home.QUOTE]

:agree2:

Plus it keeps the truck from smelling like a hockey gear bag.

It's nice to know that I am not the only one who sweats a lot.I thought it was weird...I use 1 shirt all day until I leave to go home...

Plus it keeps the truck from smelling like a hockey gear bag

:agree2:

HAHA half these guys probabley cant even imagine what that smells like lol im reppin you for that bub!

i change my shirt on every new job we do, i just try and look respectable and not stink to bad for the customers

One shirt a day.

And be honest, who here can sympathize with their nipples getting chafed up in a wet shirt full of dirt/sawdust? Its miserable!

1 white, cotton t-shirt, over that a long-sleeve white cotton button-down shirt, over that a short-sleeve, bright yellow, cotton, Sunrise logo t-shirt. I soak everything through in the first hour and then I'm fairly cool the rest of the day, if a bit clammy. In 110, I'm cooler in the three shirts than the guy in the one short-sleeve shirt, or so I've seen over the years. Those Arabs in the desert, with their heavy robes, and layers of clothes under them, know something about surviving searing hot conditions, so I follow their lead, to an extent. It works, for me.

1 white, cotton t-shirt, over that a long-sleeve white cotton button-down shirt, over that a short-sleeve, bright yellow, cotton, Sunrise logo t-shirt. I soak everything through in the first hour and then I'm fairly cool the rest of the day, if a bit clammy. In 110, I'm cooler in the three shirts than the guy in the one short-sleeve shirt, or so I've seen over the years. Those Arabs in the desert, with their heavy robes, and layers of clothes under them, know something about surviving searing hot conditions, so I follow their lead, to an extent. It works, for me.

Yup, it's the amount of sun exposure you get that is the killer. I'm always cooler in loose long sleeves.

I wear a sleeveless to work in, and I always have a spare polo hanging in the truck in case I have to make a good impression.

I sweat through the sleeveless in the time it takes to walk from my porch to the truck. I cut timber in the winter in a sleeveless and a wool cap. I am just naturally warm.

I didn't realize that swapping work shirts during the day was an option...

I wore long-sleeve d i c k i e s (AS apparently doesn't like the word "####ies" lmao) button-downs in south TX when we did the Gulf Wind project down there, and they were surprisingly cooler than t-shirts... somehow, it works.

I only wear one shirt during the day. I, like Sunriseguy, find that I stay cooler after I sweat through the shirt. I do keep an extra in the truck in case something happens to the first. I had a hydraulic line bust onetime and had to wear a shirt soaked in hydraulic fluid for the rest of the day... I tried to learn from that.

Latest posts

Back