How much is a local dealer really worth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the local guy is a couple towns over, about 30 minutes away, so he isn't bad to get to, and his reputation is OK with the couple of people I asked, but he didn't stock the 7900 - said he sold lots of 6400's but had never sold a 7900, and would have to order it in... Before I went to the online place, I did call him a second time, and told him that he was close enough that I'd consider him, but he needed to give me a bit better deal - one of the reason I was going for the stuff that I was at one time, is so that there would be more room for a dealer to potentially cut a good price - for instance throw in the chains, or offer a really good price on the bar - whatever...

(The online place had everything in stock, and shipped it out the same afternoon - It will probably arrive on my doorstep sooner than I could go to the local shop and try to pick it up - hard to see how that's worse either)

As it is, he hasn't necessarily lost me as a future customer, I am still willing to talk to him about parts for instance, possibly if I need paid service work, etc... (I'm taking the bet that I won't need warranty service) - but to me a 10% difference in the price of the stuff, PLUS another $20 government penalty (on top of what I paid for shipping) for shopping locally IS a large difference...

Gooserider

Latest posts

Back