How much is insurance?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter.s

Peter.s

ArboristSite Lurker
I know i am going to get henpecked for asking this but dose this seam about rite?
I do mostly freelance climbing but am thinking of starting my own company and am still in the "figuring out how much this will cost me" stage.
I have a chipper&truck and all the gear ill need to do 98% of the tree's in my area North NJ but I was wondering if this sounds about rite for a 1 crew company.
I got a quote from http://www.treeserviceinsurance.com/ for $1,150.00 per month and thats just liability forget about equipment or employey comp.

so I was wondering what insurance runs a month (or year) for you guys...

let the henpecking commence...
pete

epicklein22
I know i am going to get henpecked for asking this but dose this seam about rite?
I do mostly freelance climbing but am thinking of starting my own company and am still in the "figuring out how much this will cost me" stage.
I have a chipper&truck and all the gear ill need to do 98% of the tree's in my area North NJ but I was wondering if this sounds about rite for a 1 crew company.
I got a quote from http://www.treeserviceinsurance.com/ for $1,150.00 per month and thats just liability forget about equipment or employey comp.

so I was wondering what insurance runs a month (or year) for you guys...

let the henpecking commence...
pete

I think you need to look at that quote again. I use them for insurance and it's about that much for 1 million dollars in liability for a whole year....

DMD

I'm not Shady
I just got a quote for a similar size operation in FL and it was right at a grand for 12 months. I'm betting your quote was for a whole year.

kyle goddard

kyle goddard

Original HitchHiker
When i ran my business in myerstown pa a few years ago it was 666.50. Thats was just for liability. If i can recall correctly,. I believe that was for 2 million. I told the agent ive been doing this since i was 9 years old working with my father. There was never a claim, . Any damage that occurred was paid out of pocket.
Most damage i ever did was rip a gutter off a house. I also clipped the corner of a building at warnersvill st hospital. Thank god my brother in-law was a self employed roofer.

Peter.s

Peter.s

ArboristSite Lurker
I was told by the guy I used to work for that he pays $900 a month from a local insurance guy so I assumed the quote was per month.
I went back to the Email they sent me it just went over the figures - premium itself is $650 and they tack another $450 on in charges.
Im going to stop by the local guy I insure my farm truck thru and another place nearby and see what they have to say.

Probably any damage that may acure ide pay out of pocket but I would like everything to be on the up and up legally.

climbhightree

climbhightree

ArboristSite Operative
I paid almost $16,000 last year for insurance. But that is workers comp (for one employee, through the State), liability (1 mill per occurrence, 1 mill umbrella), and agency fees.

Peter.s

Peter.s

ArboristSite Lurker
did some more checking in and its $1,150 for the year - MUCH better.
still gonna go to some local guys but this makes things look alot better :)

thanks for the feedback - pete

climbhightree

climbhightree

ArboristSite Operative
I pay around 7k a year for everything. That includes 2 big trucks, 2 pickups, a car, 3 trailers, workers comp, and all my equipment is insured.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Who do you have your insurance through? That is half what I pay.

I've looked at other brokers etc, and haven't found that much better rates. Plus, it seems like the only place I can get workers comp is through the state (because I am too small for private insurance companies).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

treeman75

treeman75

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have my bucket, logloader, chip truck and pickup with full coverage. Then I have policies on my mini, chipper and dump trailer incase they get stolen and have my saws and gear insured too. I have 2mil in GL and it is just under 8k a year for all of it. My WC is 17.34%

arborjockey

arborjockey

ArboristSite Guru
Just me in this one man, mobile tree service.
120.00 a month for a million in coverage.
No machinery on the job and no employees.
If either are needed the policy price gos up.
And no commercial property work.
Otherwise I tell them I have health insurance and good luck fixing the the stuff I break.....suckers.