how much more dangerous is a bigger saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will take a closer look at mine tonight my flywheel looks the same. Funny story about mine. We cut so much wood with it . I can't even believe how good it still works. A trick we learned in about the 90s is you can lean it out to lite tan on the plug and saw loves it . It has that cracking sound to it when it's idling. Ting ting. But to think for 35 year you pulled cord saw was ready to go. We bought newer saws 44 and 353s we call them 77 side kicks. Brother bought Stihls 036 and 026s but anytime serious wood cutting had to happen you fire up the 77. It cut 20 cord oak winter of 2014 . 16 inch bar 8 pin 3/8 . Ya 2 semi loads. Talk about a chip maker.. this year I put .404 chain 8 pin on a 20 inch bar. On 77 . Its now a big log dicer. And it had no problem doing it talk about chips everywhere. It's crazy. The Sweden God's must of hit my saw with a bit more holy water or something lol it's force...

Woodblocker55

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

I hear you about truck loads of wood. My dad use to sell wood and would get tractor trailer loads of wood, That saw would cut with no problems. I had to get a clutch for it also
9b31c4dfe1dd603b185659efd6416476.jpg
there's a guy name Glenn in Washington state that I got some of the obsolete parts from. The fuel/oil caps was one thing I had trouble finding

Looks like clutch got a little hot.
77 if you don't clean chips out of motor once a year .. it gets so hot gas will start boiling lol. That's happen couple times. Here.
Wet oak chips seem to build up sometimes.

Woodblocker55

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Ive found my electric chainsaw seems to be way more dangerous than any of my other ones... Maybe its the light weight, the added factor of keeping track of the extension cord, or just a combination of a bunch of small things, but for me my other saws don't worry me as much, the electric is just way to easy to get into a bad habit. Ive had to stop my wife a couple times from using the electric as she gets some bad habits when doing it. Bigger saw= more power but you will find you pay attention and take more proactive steps just due to the mental portion of using it vice a smaller saw.

Latest posts

Back