How much weight can it hold?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could always put Timbrens in the back. I have a set up front for the plow and a set in the back for hauling heavier loads. At around $200 there not a bad investment IMO.

Dunno about your area, but locally, if you meet the DOT guy and you look overloaded, you will quickly be sitting on the side of the road while he is sitting up his scales..

Thanks for all the advice, everyone. I had a feeling I was overloading, but was not sure. Anyway, one more question. I have a line on a 1989 Dodge Ram 250, 4x4, 1 ton suspension, 360ci. Reconditioned engine, new drive shaft. Asking price is $1500 CAD. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I routinely drive a 1993 1 ton dodge with a 360. Last of the 68-93 body style. It's a light duty 4x4 @ 8900 GVWR. I believe that springs are the weak link as it has a dana 70 in the rear and a dana 60 front with a gear drive transfer case (no chain). I've weighed it and it runs about 9000 lbs every day. My 360 is plenty strong hooked to a 5 speed manual but it is a magnum with TPI and roller tip rockers. I think in 1989 they still ran TBI so probably less HP. I get 9 mpg and never see an expressway.

You could always put Timbrens in the back. I have a set up front for the plow and a set in the back for hauling heavier loads. At around $200 there not a bad investment IMO.

:agree2:

Kevin

Latest posts

Back