How much wood did ya use so far?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've burned around 5.5 cords since the end of September. Seems like winter won't give up. The propane furnace has been shut off, so it's been 100% on wood. What a good feeling.

I figure ill burn about ten cord this winter but I had almost 20 c/s/s! It's my first year using the hardy h-4! But I really enjoy this process a few years back I was helping my brother cut wood and I said I'll never heat with wood! But I moved to a house that has electric heat and couldn't take that so here I am loving every minute of it

I hear ya Andy.

I lost count after 20 and I am almost out of what we have stockpiled in the wood yard that is over a year old.

I like cutting wood also, but ufda, I am shot dealing with wood at this point.

I'm in the same boat as you MN guys. It's been cold as hell (???) all winter and still not letting up! Supposed to be -24 Celcius tonight again. Burned about 18 cord with the P&M Optimizer 250 already and winter doesn't seem to be over!

I've starting burning next year's wood to stay warm. Guess I'll have to do some extra cutting this year! :rock:

I have burnt about 3 1/2 full cord. We haven't ran the propane all winter. Am very happy we put in a new quadrafire 5700 in January. We have two feet of snow on the woodpile and it will be close to zero by morning.

I just started on #12. After this Ihave to resupply. I hope I can get into the woods but I am not holding my breath.

I had 2 and 1/2 cords of nice dry stuff and went throgh all of it. And since march started burning what ever dead and soft wood I can find. Seems like winter wont quit. Its only my second season and I will not ever be short on dry wood again.

About 10cord, I never started as early as I did last year though,and that north wind really sucks the heat out of this old farm house. Hope the weather turns pretty soon or I'll have to start wackin away at the very trees that protect us from the wind.

I've done about 2 1/2 cords. It don't necessarily get that cold but when it's anywhere below 55 and any moisture I like a small fire in the fireplace. So I keep one going most all winter, though some days it's just not that bad. Heck, maybe I'm a fire bug and just like fire.:taped:

6 or 7 ? It's hard to calculate when it's crisscross stacked. I'm down to about 3 more days of hardwood, then I will have to cut up more softwood sawmill slabs if needed. It's time to get into the woods and get cutting for the next two winters.....I will be ahead this year, I will be ahead this year, I will......

Right around 3-1/2...it's not over yet.

Yeah I think I might have to pick up a small load to finish this year out. Last year at this time of year we had a few days close to 80 deg. It's not super cold here but it was 26 this morning and its gonna stay below the mid 30's all day. Looks like it will not get out of the 40's in the extended forcast. The peas and corn are going to be a little later this year. Three years ago I started this rig in the field in march planting corn in Perry county Pa.
101_2408_zps810f5419.jpg

Right at 3 cord. got about a 1/3 to a 1/2 left, that will be hauling in today. Weather this morning 15* wind chill 5*. Nice first full day of spring. :mad: Saw a tidbit in the paper this morning, that so far this March ranks in the top 30 coldest March's on record,for this area.(dam global warming!)

:cheers:
Gregg,

I figure right around 7-7.5, mostly pine. Steady fire in the OWB since the first weekend in Oct.

Back