How much wood did ya use so far?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 1/2 cords since September, outside of Marquette, MI. 1650 sq/ft two story home built in 1929, w/ Lopi Republic 1750.

That seems real decent, as in not much wood used. You must have a well built house, more insulation added and so on I guess, and the stove is efficient.

Burnt thru well over 10 cord of wood so far and several cases of the cold frosties.

Have continued to stockpile the wood shed for next year,,have at least 7 cords on hand.

disclaimer,,the cold frosties are employed AFTER I'm home and saws put away,,:cheers:

Are those cold frosties the same as old Frosties Rootbeer? Now those were frosty. Even got to keep the mug.

Around 4-4 1/2 75% soft maple. Nights are getting tricky, At 11 pm seems like its not going to get cold. But in the morning its down to 10-15. I don't mind this cold, but it would be nice to see the ground some day soon.

Between the House and Cabin 8 Cords..
Running on Hard Maple and Shagbark Hickory..

i have run about 3 1/2 so far in my baker double eagle. its been a warm 72avg in the house all winter.

I'm at 10 or 11 cord with the P&M 250. No signs of stopping. We were blessed with a foot of snow on the first day of spring and nights are continuing to be in the 10's. I'm well in to what I thought was going to be my 2013-14 stash. :msp_ohmy:

1 cord at the back door of walk out basement to feed the Fire Chief. 2 20' x 4'stacks by the fence. 1 4x8 stack near barn.
Pile of junk wood and now I'm going to the pile that was for 2013. Our hi temps are the normal lows here just below St. Louis.

I'm in central WI- 8 or 9 face cord of red oak and a little black locust. Probably could insulate the 120 year-old farmhouse and upgrade from the 1908 round oak (my ONLY heat source) and cut that down to 5 or 6 FC, but that ain't roughin' it. Ass-draggin' WI winters, I tell ya. I'm cuttin week by week now.

P.S. If any of you WI firewood guys got locust layin' around, don't hurt yourself trying to cut it (or just gettin to it), I'll take 1 for the team and get it outta there for ya.

I would guess 6 to 7 cords but that is probably a low estimate. I got an Earth OWB and it seems like the dam firebox holds 1/2 a cord of wood. Keeps my wife warm and gives me a reason to get out of the house in the winter. I have been burning pine of late trying to stay out of next years stash. At this point in the year I have gave up on stacking wood I just split it and throw it towards the heater.

Back