How much??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ideologue does not understand the concept of "agree to disagree"... hence plan "B" personal attacks, smears and whatnot.
Even if they're completely off-the-wall ridiculous...
It's a good thing you enjoy "arguing with ideologues," that way when you're talking to yourself it's for enjoyment.
Ridiculous ‼ That wouldn't be enjoyable, just boring; sort'a like two deaf, dumb and blind persons sitting together...
How is it possible to have an argument with someone you 100% agree with ?? What's there to argue about ?? For that matter, what's there to even talk about ??

You must try to forgive slowp....
An ideologue sees things only as black and white... there is no shades of gray. Because of this they tend to believe (or present) their ideas and opinions as material facts regardless of contrary evidence or real fact. An ideologue does not "fight fair"; their first tactic to prevent the presentation of contrary evidence or fact is to cut-off the other side in mid-sentence... usually loudly and aggressively, before it can be presented. When this happens remain calm, don't get angry (that's what they're hoping for) because it makes you look less credible; keep smiling, wait for them to finish, and restart your point... restart as many friggin' times as it takes (that usually gets well under their skin). When their first tactic fails they'll go directly to plan "B" every time... they'll directly attempt to discredit you by resorting to personal smears, while totally ignoring the original topic (deflection). Just keep smiling, wait for them to finish, and restart your point... restart as many friggin' times as it takes (they'll likely walk away in a big huff while calling you some pretty awful things). Don't play the game, keep smiling... maybe even laugh softly a little (usually brings the middle-finger flag) :D

I love arguing with ideologues... they're so damn predictable :laughing:
:clap::clap::clap: too much college edumaacaation,,and no real experience...

Really? More don't move here rants. Pretty sure the general population can figure out for themselves where they want to live without your input. Here's an idea, if you don't want people knowing where you live and possibly moving there then don't put thousands of posts about your location on the internet.

You sir, are a drama king. Rant? Hardly. Want a real rant? I don't have the time.

The rest of you? Get a sense of humor. And don't move here. I expect a zillion immigrants from CA will be moving here shortly if they get no drought relief. They'll have more money than you and maybe I can sell my place for a tidy sum and move to....Iowa or some flat place where knees don't go bad. Ooops, but there doesn't seem to be a sense of humor, or even a hint of understanding areas other than that flat world. Nah, I think I'll stay in a place where folks seem to understand and don't waste the word--rant, which, when carried to the extreme is called a riggin' fit.

Nope, no rant. Maybe it is another PNW thing that you can't understand. Please, no way, no how, never move here.

Slowp... If I could get by burning a cord a year I wouldn't bother even owning a saw. Whats that translate into. Like 50 bucks in propane?

What is this propane you speak of? Or gas? I live in the land of electric heat and despite what others will say, the majority comes from hydropower. Terrain plus snow and rain makes for good rivers. Plus, this was an unusually warm winter, and still is. I think I normally burn a couple of cords of wood. Having a reasonably sized and well insulated house is also a factor. Had my site been shaped a bit different, I would have oriented the house for passive solar heating, and that would have cut wood consumption even more on those clear and chilly winter days.

Propane is something we carry on travel trailers, or a few folks use it to cook with.

You must try to forgive slowp....
An ideologue sees things only as black and white... there is no shades of gray. Because of this they tend to believe (or present) their ideas and opinions as material facts regardless of contrary evidence or real fact. An ideologue does not "fight fair"; their first tactic to prevent the presentation of contrary evidence or fact is to cut-off the other side in mid-sentence... usually loudly and aggressively, before it can be presented. When this happens remain calm, don't get angry (that's what they're hoping for) because it makes you look less credible; keep smiling, wait for them to finish, and restart your point... restart as many friggin' times as it takes (that usually gets well under their skin). When their first tactic fails they'll go directly to plan "B" every time... they'll directly attempt to discredit you by resorting to personal smears, while totally ignoring the original topic (deflection). Just keep smiling, wait for them to finish, and restart your point... restart as many friggin' times as it takes (they'll likely walk away in a big huff while calling you some pretty awful things). Don't play the game, keep smiling... maybe even laugh softly a little (usually brings the middle-finger flag) :D

I love arguing with ideologues... they're so damn predictable :laughing:

What is so damn offensive about telling folks not to move here? What is so hard to understand? Do you want to live somewhere where the ground is being carved up for subdivisions, or businesses, which attract more people, which causes more traffic, which ruins outdoor pursuits, etc? Should we welcome people here despite the pressure it puts on the very thing that makes it worthwhile to live here?

Yes, I'm selfish. So be it. Don't move here.

What is so damn offensive about telling folks not to move here? What is so hard to understand? Do you want to live somewhere where the ground is being carved up for subdivisions, or businesses, which attract more people, which causes more traffic, which ruins outdoor pursuits, etc? Should we welcome people here despite the pressure it puts on the very thing that makes it worthwhile to live here?

Almost sorry to say this, but I kinda agree with slowp on this one. :eek: I live in a rural, mostly flat, farming area of Ohio. About 15 years ago houses started popping up all around this area. People from citys & towns buying an acre of land or two, to build a house and live the country life. :( Then are the ones that complain that tractors, combines, make to much dust, noise. That cow & hog manure smell. That they hear gunshots, probably local Republican rednecks, no doubt. That they SEE hunters in the woods in the fall. That they actually get a whiff of wood smoke in the air during winter. Probably backwoods hillbilly s that still heat with wood. The list can go on and on....Sad to say.
So I can agree with slowp and say...Don't move here!!! :D

Gregg,

Slowp... If I could get by burning a cord a year I wouldn't bother even owning a saw. Whats that translate into. Like 50 bucks in propane?
A cord at our house (1200 sq ft, small Jotul) last a couple months, so that'd be like $300+ in propane.

I'll end up burning 2 cord in the house, 2 cord in the shop & 3 at my folks house. I still have 4-5 cords of dry split Oak in the shed & another 6 cords to be processed...

Thank you slowp for your three post rant full of very useful information. Your attempt at online intimidation was successful and I have learned my lesson, I will try to never question your authority again, and I will stay a flat lander for the rest of my days. You can go give yourself a gold star now

What is this propane you speak of? Or gas? I live in the land of electric heat and despite what others will say, the majority comes from hydropower. Terrain plus snow and rain makes for good rivers. Plus, this was an unusually warm winter, and still is. I think I normally burn a couple of cords of wood. Having a reasonably sized and well insulated house is also a factor. Had my site been shaped a bit different, I would have oriented the house for passive solar heating, and that would have cut wood consumption even more on those clear and chilly winter days.

Propane is something we carry on travel trailers, or a few folks use it to cook with.
OK you didn't quite grasp my point.... propane, nat gas. electric, solar, nuclear, methane, body heat, toaster heat, possibly the heat off your waffle. Congrats for burning so little wood.

I can only tell you guys i burned close to same as last year with the only exception around 10 cord so far.
but my stove is inefficient.

What is so damn offensive about telling folks not to move here? What is so hard to understand?
Where exactly did my post mention being offended?? Where exactly did my post so much as indicate a lack of understanding??

Do you want to live somewhere where the ground is being carved up for subdivisions, or businesses, which attract more people, which causes more traffic, which ruins outdoor pursuits, etc?
Outdoor pursuits?? You mean like skiing?? Where they build ski lifts, lodges, gift shops, parking lots, access roads and whatnot??
Sorry girl... but that ain't no better than a golf course or shopping mall in my world. An outdoor pursuit to me would be hunting, fishing and trapping... your ski slopes ain't no different than a camp ground, parking lot, or garbage dump in my world.

Should we welcome people here despite the pressure it puts on the very thing that makes it worthwhile to live here?
Selfish??
Let's try a different descriptive... how 'bout arrogant?? You somehow believe (and present as material fact) that you live somewhere "more special" than anyone else. Just using one example, you somehow believe (and present as material fact) that every electron entering your home comes from "clean 'n' green" :rolleyes: hydro... even though actual data (material facts) have been presented that show that just ain't so. You somehow believe (and present as material fact) that it's your job (because you're "more special") to protect this "more special" place from the ruination of the outside world (but a ski slope is OK... because that's your idea of an outdoor pursuit).

No girl, there ain't one single thing "hard to understand" 'bout you... the predictability is laughable.
And here's a news flash... the only thing "more special" about the place you live is in your own mind. I've been where you live... and I've been to places a lot "more special" than that. You really should get out (of your self-cocooned world) more...

Where exactly did my post mention being offended?? Where exactly did my post so much as indicate a lack of understanding??

Outdoor pursuits?? You mean like skiing?? Where they build ski lifts, lodges, gift shops, parking lots, access roads and whatnot??
Sorry girl... but that ain't no better than a golf course or shopping mall in my world. An outdoor pursuit to me would be hunting, fishing and trapping... your ski slopes ain't no different than a camp ground, parking lot, or garbage dump in my world.

Selfish??
Let's try a different descriptive... how 'bout arrogant?? You somehow believe (and present as material fact) that you live somewhere "more special" than anyone else. Just using one example, you somehow believe (and present as material fact) that every electron entering your home comes from "clean 'n' green" :rolleyes: hydro... even though actual data (material facts) have been presented that show that just ain't so. You somehow believe (and present as material fact) that it's your job (because you're "more special") to protect this "more special" place from the ruination of the outside world (but a ski slope is OK... because that's your idea of an outdoor pursuit).

No girl, there ain't one single thing "hard to understand" 'bout you... the predictability is laughable.
And here's a news flash... the only thing "more special" about the place you live is in your own mind. I've been where you live... and I've been to places a lot "more special" than that. You really should get out (of your self-cocooned world) more...

Oh dear little Iowa farm boy or wanna be farm boy. I will choose to live where I want. You may stay in the flatlands. I'll stay here. And don't we all live in special places? If you don't, well, that's just sad. Hydro is not green, but it is what we have and note that I have said MOST of my power comes from it. Perhaps they didn't work on reading comprehension in your school district? Or the beer goggles are on?

Nope, hydro is not green, ask the guys driving the salmon truck. If I were in charge of the world, I'd have fish ladders put into the dams without them. Skiing? Well no, never said it was a green pursuit. I think you know nothing of the sport anyway. Nah, keep on with your mud boggin'. Note that I too can skip typing the G. Does that make me a good ol' girl? :laughing:

I do object to anybody insisting that their neighbors must like inhaling the smoke from their woodstove. I do object to idiots burning wood that isn't seasoned properly and laughing about the smoke. Wood stoves should NOT be used for primary heat in densely populated areas. I'll support the much hated EPA and any other gubmint group which tries to control the smoke idiots.

In my world at this minute, there is a beautiful sunrise coming up from behind the topography. I will stop to watch it, and nope, you don't and never will understand. Don't move here.

Almost sorry to say this, but I kinda agree with slowp on this one. :eek: I live in a rural, mostly flat, farming area of Ohio. About 15 years ago houses started popping up all around this area. People from citys & towns buying an acre of land or two, to build a house and live the country life. :( Then are the ones that complain that tractors, combines, make to much dust, noise. That cow & hog manure smell. That they hear gunshots, probably local Republican rednecks, no doubt. That they SEE hunters in the woods in the fall. That they actually get a whiff of wood smoke in the air during winter. Probably backwoods hillbilly s that still heat with wood. The list can go on and on....Sad to say.
So I can agree with slowp and say...Don't move here!!! :D

Gregg,

YAY! Somebody "got" it. Except I would add congestion on roads, having to stand in lines, and the fear of having to get in lotteries to get permits for going into the back country. Luckily, there are closer places to Seattle so we are a little bit buffered.

I also do not refer to our people as hillbillies or rednecks. Both terms are overused. In this day and age, I'd be embarrassed to be thought of as a redneck. But, that's just me not wanting to be associated with nasty racism.

Don't move here.

Back