Huskee 35 Ton log splitter. Valve seems jammed and will not engage.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas2012

Reaction score
Huskee 35 Ton Log Splitter. Engine runs fine. The valve has been getting tougher and tougher to stop as the shaft moves in the upward direction. Pushing down to cut the wood was fine, as I moved the shaft back up to the starting position the valve kept getting tougher and tougher to stop. Today it finally gave out and was stuck in the upwards position until I could shut the motor off. Now I cant even make the shaft move, It feels like the valve is stuck. What could this be? It does have hydraulic fluid.

The hydraulic fluid hasn't been replaced in a while. Could replacing it help? Should I purchase a new Valve?

I recorded a video, it's not the best filming but hopefully it can help.

Thanks!

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aKVtezUyNjU1NDV8NjUyNjM0ODjI6XE4rV6XBEUT3uN8luh41wRZ1HGI5VyD8gdC7iTjUw==

Take the Valve apart, with the cap that holds the Detents & the linkage removed the spool should slide out (may need some persuasion in your case) once out, look for burrs/trash or a bent spool..

I have had the detent balls rust and stick and sometimes that spring just rusts away. You can buy a kit to fix the detent with, but last kit I bought cost almost as much as a new valve. On another note, if the oil is dirty, hasnt been changed in a while, remove the filter and look for pieces of metal in the oil. I bought a new 5in bore cyl and removed the rod/piston so i could bore out the ports and found the cylinder full of metal shavings. The clearances on the valve spools are very close and wont tolerate little pieces of metal. I would guess if you find metal in the filter, you mostlikely have meatl in the valve as well and you might need a new valve and a full oil flush to get rid of the metal.

Back