Huskee Slpitter Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTK

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new splitter.
Anyone having problems with bark/splinter build up on the I beam? The way the unit is manufactured seems to lend itself to clogging problems. I'm speaking of the 22 ton model.
Thanks,
John

i just bought one yesterday , havnt used it yet . but it looked to me like it would push the stuff out the end , and if it dont , it will only take two swipes with my hand to clean it out . hoot

you will be suprised at how well 22 tons of force keeps the channels clean

I own a 22 ton speeco. The gunk does not stop the ram. I do, however, try to NOT let it build up. I have several times, and have not had any issues.

I have yet, to split anything that has stopped my ram. Tough little splitter.

Ran the 22 Ton Model for a bit, and the wedge guides are the same as the 27 Ton I own.

Nope. No issues with crap building up even with wet snow covered wood.

Good splitter that wont bust your budget, and probably the best customer service out there.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I have not had ANY problems. I have split everything...the only thing that may make it shift to the second stage is a big knot or elm. Everything else it just whistles thru! Mine has the larger capacity oil resivior of 33 quarts...they lowered it to 17. Mine will only get warm and not hot. Even in summer and 3 hours of run time you can keep your hand on the tank...

I have had mine for several years and if the new ones are made like mine it's no problem. When I do split I usually split quite a bit before I put it up. I then clean the channel but it's not really necessary. I do that and blow the whole thing off just to keep the wood pieces and dust out of my garage.

Both me and my Neighbor have the older style 22ton model. We both after several yrs of use decided to cut the angle guides back from the toe plate about an inch. Now all the debris pretty much self cleans. From time to time I would get stuff so compacted in there I wood have to drill it out. I just cut the angle flush with the beam and back about an inch and that solved it totally. All they needed to due was stop those angles short before welding. Heck the wedge doesn't even go up that far anyway.
The new style with the slots don't look large enough to me but I haven't used one to actually know.

I have not had ANY problems. I have split everything...the only thing that may make it shift to the second stage is a big knot or elm. Everything else it just whistles thru! Mine has the larger capacity oil resivior of 33 quarts...they lowered it to 17. Mine will only get warm and not hot. Even in summer and 3 hours of run time you can keep your hand on the tank...

:agree2:
Sounds like mine and the used one I just sold for 6 bills.

:cheers:

I spray a little oil in the corners, helps keep the buildup from sticking, but I do split pitchy wood like fir and hemlock

Back