Husky 257 help.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravisB

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Recently picked up a 257, had problems, everything runs great, im just missing the side cover. (brake/clutch cover.) Trying to track a used one down is harder than it seems.. anyone know what other models covers will work?

Awesome, that gives me searching to do. But the more models the better. I wish a 55 would fit, that stuffs cheap and plentiful.

Check sawsalvage.com. I saw one on there last night.
I actually bought one from there!!! It popped up when searching 262 for some reason. Good price too. Now for the pesky fuel leak. I assume the gas cap o ring is bad. I'll start there.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Here she is. All built up. Thanks to saw savage. And eBay haha. 20"bar. Rips pretty good. I'm going to cut up some wood around the house tomorrow. Pretty excited. Thanks for the help everyone! uploadfromtaptalk1394947776715.jpg

Great job!!!! Looks good!!!! Keep in mind , when and if things go bad with motor, the 257 is an easy conversion to a 262. All you need is a good 262 or 261 cylinder, 3 to 4 262 or 261 intake parts, and a 262 piston. That will give you 1 more HP, according to mfg. specs. There are a couple good threads on here with more details. Happy cutting.

Thanks! Not my first saw, but my first big saw. And good tip on the 262! Defiantly be looking into that.

You mean "definitely". I just sold the 257 that I have had since 1997 when I bought it. It was a great saw and cut a lot of wood, but I am running all Stihls now. It went to a good home.

Latest posts

Back