Husky 262

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If thats the one I see on kijiji its pretty rough lookin and I see the throttle lock out spring is broke or something. If I was closer I would go look at it cause if it still has decent compression it probably worth it. But seeing as though I am 2 hours away and it looks very "Well Used" I decided not too.

I've been noticing alot of older saws popping up for sale, they seem to be all around paper mill areas ,do you think a bunch of people are upgrading thier equipment all at once ?

I think the 262 is a great saw and parts our easy to find . I have allot of parts that you can inter Chang on the husky platform . if it is in great shape ?200 is a okay deal but you do not know until you get to run it .see if the oil er is leaking . the line,s get hard and they crack or but it is a good old saw for it,s age I do think you can,t go wrong.

We have two at work. Bith have never had problems that i'm aware of. Buth wera 3/8 18" setups, and are pretty peppy. Not really torky, but pretty peppy. I like them pretty good. Wouldnt mind having one myself.

I've been noticing alot of older saws popping up for sale, they seem to be all around paper mill areas ,do you think a bunch of people are upgrading thier equipment all at once ?

I dont know for sure about the paper mill thing but I do know that when ever I see a saw on there and then come on here you have always either posted a question about it or have bought it before i could get there.:chainsaw:

Mainly that 034 super in prospect last febuary. Dont blame you for buying it, But that guy was an AZZ I called him on the weekend and then on the night I went to halifax and said I'd be there at 4 the next day. He's like yup its yours. Got out of Toyota training in burnside at 3 and called him hes like ya i sold it, So I was like WTF he goes well i never knew if your were ciming or not. I called you last night!! SLAMM:censored::censored:

Nope, the people that worked in these mills are being laid off and the support people who supply the wood are not working.....thus saws for sale out of desperation. I lost my job last December and my coworkers are losing their jobs June first when the mill closes permanently. Welcome to America.

and maybe that 359 SawTroll Express saw too!

Never heard of that one! :jawdrop:

...but would be typical of Steve - he likes to have fun on my "expence".....:biggrinbounce2::laugh::laugh:

Sorry about the 262 - I thought that issue was settled......:censored:

Last edited:
Back