Husky 268 Exhaust Bolts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapperman

Dark Helmet
Reaction score
Well I was picking up some furniture and other odds and ends from a friends basement( he runs a few apartments), picking up plates, glasses, basically stuff that people left behind when they moved in the middle of the night. I'm moving and in need of some stuff. Well one of the items I found was a Husky 268. :)

From the looks of it so far the only thing it seems to need is a carb cleaning, exhaust bolts, and the inner/outer bar guides.

My questions is what size are the exhaust bolts and where might I find the bar guides(the metal plates that fit between the bar and the saw).

Was this saw even equipped the guides? This is my first husky; I usually run the old Homelites.

I don't think this saw was equipped with the guides, but I am not sure. Your husky dealer should be able to get you the bolts (at least tell you the size) or you could try to find them at a hardware. Good luck with it, quite a pleasant surprise.

That parts diagram doesn't show it but those exhaust bolts are 6mm x 20mm. There's two different style of bar plates available, those pictured at Partstree are the best ones.

Thanks a bunch! Went to the hardware store, picked up the bolts. I'll be looking into ordering the guide bar plate soon. Thanks! :cheers:

Bar plate part # 501814801

501444501 Diagram: 268 (1987-05) Accessories HUS Husqvarna 501444501
GUIDE PLATE Your price: $4.78
0 of these in your cart Qty: Add to cart
501444401 Diagram: 268 (1987-05) Accessories HUS Husqvarna 501444401
GUIDE PLATE Your price: $6.92
0 of these in your cart Qty: Add to cart

see link above

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back