Husky 272xp Rebuilt to 281xp (Possible?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not as powerful as a 272 but more power than the other saws of these family...the 61/66/266

Thanks for your help. It's always fun to learn this kind of stuff. It will make me wiser the next time. :dizzy: Needless to say, I'll be taking this fake 272 off my milling and replacing it with my real 272. :)

J. D.

Its a 268.....the rectangular outline behind the plug designates a 268....the 268 is a great saw with more power than the 266.....check you PM fo a message from me

If it is a se or xp, yes - but not if it is one of the later non-xp/se ones that came out after the 272xp replaced the 268xp.

Btw, I suspected it was a 50mm one, when I saw the 6 and 7 (thinking 67cc) on top of the cylinder - do you now if it has any relevance - and what does the 1 and 2 mean???

Here's a picture of the only marking I found:

Cylinder.jpg

The numbers on the right of the 'C' are 6 over 7. Does this tell you anything?

Last edited:
Lol, take it with a grain of salt. I got a 2100CD once that was a 285CD when I it got home. Its a 2100 now.

In my experience in various forms of racing (street, drag racing, motocross, hotsaws, and even hobby stocks once), you will find out that most hotrods are talked up a bit more than what they actually are. If you got a good running 268 power head for $50, you still did good.:cheers:

Lol, take it with a grain of salt. I got a 2100CD once that was a 285CD when I it got home. Its a 2100 now.

In my experience in various forms of racing (street, drag racing, motocross, hotsaws, and even hobby stocks once), you will find out that most hotrods are talked up a bit more than what they actually are. If you got a good running 268 power head for $50, you still did good.:cheers:

Ha, ha. Thanks!

If it is a se or xp, yes - but not if it is one of the later non-xp/se ones that came out after the 272xp replaced the 268xp.

Btw, I suspected it was a 50mm one, when I saw the 6 and 7 (thinking 67cc) on top of the cylinder - do you now if it has any relevance - and what does the 1 and 2 mean???

I do not know what the small numbers on either side of the size number mean. I think the occurrence of the 6, and 7 is only a coincidence and has nothing to do with the displacement,

I do not know what the small numbers on either side of the size number mean. I think the occurrence of the 6, and 7 is only a coincidence and has nothing to do with the displacement,

I think you must be right. My 'confirmed' 272xp has 4 over 5 I think. Whatever it was didn't line up with the displacement.

Gordie--thanks. Although it breaks my heart that people have to pay $50 for a used wild thing. :)

J. D.

Latest posts

Back