• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell husky 298 big cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa.hunter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i got this saw on here in a trade few years ago . he told me it has 2100 jug on it and 2100 pull starter. i used it for milling maybe 12-15 times always ran extra oil in gas . always ran like a champ - cylinder is good /comp. good . i got it out started to mill -on / off switch fell apart . grabbed 066 and continued milling . i have 4 big saws now i am not going to mess with finding switch or coil because it has no spark now .manual oilier knob fell off. i never used it anyway oils great and i had to add some screws in plastics and repair some cracks in plastics on top only when i got it . make me offer you pay shipping nothing else make a great parts saw for sure thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    782.9 KB · Views: 103
if its a manual oilier then its a 2100 rite? or the gas tank is anyway get a pick of the p/c that's what most peeps need for parts

i will get some more pics tomorrow tag says 298 ? it has manual oiler because pump knob unscrewed fell out couldn't find it in saw dust my guess someone took 2 saws made this one? and so everyone knows parts a getting hard to find for these saws . no aftermarket parts made you can get parts if you know where to look .

anyone have an idea what this saw is worth ? i traded a a 242xp for this saw .

Attachments

• IMG_0670.JPG
    IMG_0670.JPG
    640.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0671.JPG
    IMG_0671.JPG
    564.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0672.JPG
    IMG_0672.JPG
    618.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0673.JPG
    IMG_0673.JPG
    650.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    716.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0675.JPG
    IMG_0675.JPG
    722.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0676.JPG
    IMG_0676.JPG
    700.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    724.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG
    697 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0679.JPG
    IMG_0679.JPG
    703.9 KB · Views: 49
:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

Attachments

• IMG_0680.JPG
    IMG_0680.JPG
    755.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0682.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG
    666.6 KB · Views: 23
guys i looked thru my posts on here i got saw 2010 and i ported it and i had to fix impulse line on it i forgot about that just so everyone knows about it! i took piece of aluminum under brass rev. limiter out and it was ported . been using it longer than i thought boy time fly's bye had it almost 8 years

It’s a nonrunning Franken saw so don’t get your hopes too high.But there are some good parts still on it

Yes time flies what did you have to do to the impulse? Who did the port work and what kind?

Yes time flies what did you have to do to the impulse? Who did the port work and what kind?
just widened a little bit bit - no delete i wanted it to last if i remember right it impulse brass piece was loose and i put jb weld on it to tighten it back up i really cant remember what was done exactly been few years ago .

You must be remembering a different saw these get the impulse through the mounting block

It’s a nonrunning Franken saw so don’t get your hopes too high.But there are some good parts still on it
yes, i know made my mind up i want 150 + shipping if no-ones interested- i will get it running again some day
You must be remembering a different saw these get the impulse through the mounting block
could be right its been to long ago and my memory isn't what it used to be ! only reason i know it was 2010 is because someone on here told me how i could fix it

Back