Husky 3120

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmbeachy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Run across this today, don't know if anybody is interested. The local Husky dealer had a tree service come into his place and order a 3120 Husky. The tree service had a large tree along a street that needed to be cut down. The tree service did not really want to do it so they gave a high bid on the job. Nobody else wanted to do it either. In order to do the job the tree service ordered the 3120. The day they started to do the work, they had the road closed down with the State Police there to keep people and cars away. They started to cut the tree and about half way thru the saw blew up. They were unable to finish the job, so the dealer called Husky and had another 3120 overnighted in to finish the work. The dealer returned the saw to Husky, which rebuilt the saw and sent it back to the dealer and charged him for it. He now has a factory rebuilt 3120 that has never cut a tree down and he wants to get rid of it. He told me that he would consider an offer between $1,300 and $1,400. Not sure, but that doesn't sound like to bad a price to me, however, I have a 066 Sthil that I like and could not justify a new 3120. Just thought I let you all know about it. lmbeachy

Thats what I thought I think you could get a better deal on a new one that hasn't been rebuilt or used and it would have a warranty. Just my 2 cents but thats not even accounting for a lightly used one that would be even lower price.

Could very well be, I am not a Husky fan and I have not looked at or priced a new Husky, my Sthil serves me very well and I am not looking for another saw unless it jumps out and bites me, and then I can get it free for damages. Lester

That sounds a little high to me. Isn't that the same price as a new one?

Wise Sales in Illinois has a new 3120 for $1500, so maybe the price for the remanufactured one isn't that bad. Maybe he will also negotiate that price a little more for you if you are a customer.

Treeman, sorry that the Green and Yellow co left you go. I have been a fan of theirs for a long time. Hope things work out for you. I have to say that the EBay item looks like a real deal. I put a watch on it just to see where it does go. That would be a hoss of a saw for milling. lmbeachy

Latest posts

Back