Husky 334t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironman_gq

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the husky 334T top handle saw? I am looking at a used one that needs carb work and am wondering how it compares to the 192t. What is a good price for this saw that needs carb work

I know nothing about the 334 but I have the red version 335t and it runs with a 200t if that helps.

I'm not a husky lover but my freind that has a small business is and bought a new 1 about a year ago. I have nothing bad to say about it. I used it up in the bucket and it runs and handles nice and smooth, starts well. Unlike his previous 335 no problems. I think it handles better then the 019 well enough. I bought a used 192 a while back but haven't used it enough to compare.

I'm not a husky lover but my freind that has a small business is and bought a new 1 about a year ago. I have nothing bad to say about it. I used it up in the bucket and it runs and handles nice and smooth, starts well. Unlike his previous 335 no problems. I think it handles better then the 019 well enough. I bought a used 192 a while back but haven't used it enough to compare.

Same here. A mate who runs a tree felling business has one and has no complaints at all. Good little saw. The odd pruning contractors in my area have been using them for a few years here along with Echo. These things are run hard all day for 8-10 hours straight unlike many tree service jobs. Stihl are good saws too it's just that the cost is starting to price their excellent 200T out of the market in Australia and their 192T is still dearer here than the equivalent top handled Echos and Huskys.

Basically a 338xpt/2139t with a smaller 35cc engine.

If it is a 2007 or newer it should be OK afaik, probably 2006 as well. I would stay away from one of the older ones.

Last edited:

If it is a 2007 or newer it should be OK afaik, probably 2006 as well. I would stay away from one of the older ones.

Are the 2135 and husky 335 the same engine?

Troll, was wondering what the older ones have going against them? Just curious.

As far as the original posters question, I love mine. Power is excellent for my needs. No issues with it.

I missed out on it so the search continues. I'm looking at a top handle for a trim saw when I'm out building dear stands and clearing trails. One of the guys I hunt with just got a 192 and I liked it but the throttle response wasn't what I would call spectacular

I haven't used a 334, but have run 335's in the bush for years, the 334 won't have the grunt of the 35cc model but XPT's are comfortable light and balanced. No point in running anything other than a 12" bar on them either. 335's had a dodgy fuel tank breather that didn't flow well enough(easy enough to fix) If the breather isn't sorted, you can spend all day tweaking the carb constantly and still not get a reliable tune. Really frustrating. The earliest ones had a carb boot that would split too, but that part was replaced with an upgrade that gives no trouble. Also their mufflers need modding with extra outlets which improves the low end response

I missed out on it so the search continues. I'm looking at a top handle for a trim saw when I'm out building dear stands and clearing trails. One of the guys I hunt with just got a 192 and I liked it but the throttle response wasn't what I would call spectacular
I wouldn't be very particular in that case. Remember the saw is at risk such as being dropped out of the tree, run over , stolen, etc.. I use a couple old Sachs Dolmar 105's for that kind of stuff mostly. I used to have a rear handle Remington Mighty Mite Bantam I really liked when climbing around in trees and working of ladders tied down. It was light enough it wasn't to difficult to hold by the rear handle and reach farther limbs but no chain brake.
A pole saw would probably make things easiar and safer to. There are several reasonable priced out there that interchange with line trimmer heads etc.. I bought a Poulan Pro new about 3 years ago under $200 . I think it reaches about 7 foot above what I reach and standing on back of a truck puts me up that much more. Manual pole saws are very handy as well.

I have used me 334t for seven years (bought new) and has had the carb rebuilt once. It's light and strong but I have it tuned a little hotter that stock but not much. The 338xpt is a stronger saw but a third more $.

Internally, the 192T engine doesn't even compare to the husky engine, the husky arrangement is way classier with tunnel type transfers, top quality finish and machining, strong beefy conrod piston bearings cylinder, the 192T's engine is a lightweight skimpy affair with roughly machined grooves as transfers, cheapo stamped conrod, nasty budget big-end bearing and wimpy tin-foil fins and cylinder, it doesn't come close to an XPT for quality

Are the 2135 and husky 335 the same engine?

Not sure about that, but the 2135t is a newer and improved model, that came a while after the 335xpt was history, and replaced by the original versions of the 338xpt and 334t.

As far as I know, the 2135 was a "testbed" for the improvements that a bit later (2006) appeared on the new edition versions of the 338xpt and 334t.

I am no expert on these models, so I just post the info that I have collected, more or less by coinsidence.

Edit;

I looked up some 335, 334 and 2135 IPLs.

The 2135 use the same engine as the 334, but not the same as the 335.

Last edited:
I haven't used a 334, but have run 335's in the bush for years, the 334 won't have the grunt of the 35cc model but XPT's are comfortable light and balanced. No point in running anything other than a 12" bar on them either. 335's had a dodgy fuel tank breather that didn't flow well enough(easy enough to fix) If the breather isn't sorted, you can spend all day tweaking the carb constantly and still not get a reliable tune. Really frustrating. The earliest ones had a carb boot that would split too, but that part was replaced with an upgrade that gives no trouble. Also their mufflers need modding with extra outlets which improves the low end response

Hmmm - the 334t is 35cc....

Misprint?

Like I say, I never ran a 334, but 334's were always cheaper than 335's and always had lower HP specs on paper, if they are actually 35cc I wonder what the difference is? If the cylinder is the same part number then possibly it's only the carb?

Like I say, I never ran a 334, but 334's were always cheaper than 335's and always had lower HP specs on paper, if they are actually 35cc I wonder what the difference is? If the cylinder is the same part number then possibly it's only the carb?

The cc is the same, but the cylinders have different part numbers, look at the edit in post #13.

I have no idea what the difference is.

Last edited:
Back