Husky 350: bottom end turns smooth, but bearings DO NOT turn ?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawGarage

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Working on a 350...

turns over smooth (like new), I was about to install top end, and noticed that the crank is moving INSIDE the inner bearing race!! but the bearings are not :confused:

i've never seen this! thoughts?

It was straight-gassed prior.

Being that it looks like it will need bearings, can I reuse seals? or are they readily avail @ the bearing/seal place down the street?

How do I remove the clutch? special tool?
What to seal case (well, metal base plate) with?

I'm pi$$ed :angry: as this saw was supposed to be sent out on trade, but we'll have to utilize a nicer (2nd tank-straight gassed) saw that I was keeping for me, UGH....such is life. :cry:

I've seen that before, and even a new bearing didn't change it. The crank wasn't damaged either. With a load on it, I don't think it'll be an issue. BTW, the bearing and seal is one piece. They're kind of pricey.

so...put it together??

bearing & seal, one piece? ugh.

i'd pull it apart, but i'm outta mot-seal, and I REFUSE to give the yamaha dealer the $20+ they wany for the yama-bond.

plus I'm assuming there is a special tool for the clutch??

Thanks Brad :D

J

I would take the time to pull the crank out and reseal the clam. I've seen multiple times where they leak at the seam. Get yourself a tube of Permatex Motoseal. Same stuff. While the crank is out, you could put a couple drops of wicking loctite between the crank and inner race. That is, if your SUPER careful not to get it in the bearing itself:(

I will look for the motoseal in the AM. I have found form-a-gasket...whih in non-hardening, fuel/oil resistant.

J

Latest posts

Back