Husky 350 Or 351

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Had a question about what is the difference between the husky 350 and 351?I want to get a saw for limbing and cutting small stuff and I am going back and forth with the two saws trying to figure out the one that would be best or should I go with the ms260 or 026.I want one that is not over 10.6lbs and does not have the clam shell engine in it and do not want to spend over $250.00 on it.Thanks,woodyman:chainsaw:

I wish I could tell you the differance between the two saws, but I've never used a 351.
I do have a 350 and it's a great little saw. in the 10 months I've been using it, I have had to replace the fuel line, but I brought it used. And it still have 150 psi compression.
It's not a powerhouse and you have to let it do it's own thing in big wood. But limbing and trimming is where it really shines. It's lite and very reliable.
It will numb your hands after a few hours.
I wouldn't think for a second on getting one. I don't think you'd regret it.

The 351 has the same mag case as the 346xp, and clips instead of screws on the top cover.

The 353 replaced the 351 late 2002.

Last edited:
I want one that is not over 10.6lbs and does not have the clam shell engine in it and do not want to spend over $250.00 on it.Thanks,woodyman:chainsaw:

A tall order to be sure. The 350 gets my vote based on your budget. If you can shake loose a little more cash then the other saws are good choices as well. My 350 has treated me well after 3+ years and counting.

Happy cutting!

Does the 350 have mag case and are the bars and chains interchangable between the 350,351 and 359?Is the weight of the 350 and 351 10.6 Lbs. for the power heads.Thanks,woodyman. :givebeer:

Does the 350 have mag case and are the bars and chains interchangable between the 350,351 and 359?Is the weight of the 350 and 351 10.6 Lbs. for the power heads.Thanks,woodyman. :givebeer:

The 351 is a tad heavier, and has the old 49.4cc 350 engine.

The bars and chains will interchange, but the same setups is surely not ideal on the 359 (or vice versa).

Last edited:

350 has plastic case .325 pitch chain and will interchange with the 346xp, I dunno 'bout the 351 / 353. The husqvarna web site will help until somebody else gets here.

best!
dave

ive had a 350 for a few years keep the chain sharp it work's fine for limbing stuff up to 12" then i swap saw's to cut the bigger wood it's faster and im helping the 350 last longer, will say the speed of a pro saw would be better if i was using it to do job's, if you can find one for what your willing to spend, good deal's can be found

Would the ms260 or 026 be the way to go instead of the husky 350 or 351?:givebeer:

I purchased my 260 on ebay for $300. The thing was spotless and almost unused. I did the real quick muffler mod on it (10 min with a 3/8 bit), outcuts my father in laws 350 by a good margin. A good 350 can be had for less money, and is a very nice saw to run but may not last as long.

I bet you could almost swap across that very clean saw you just listed in the trading post for a nice 260 if you took your time to find the right one. The nice 310's on ebay have been selling for $300 or a little more and you can pick up a straight 260 (260 pro is outrageous on ebay) for about the same if you are crafty.

Latest posts

Back