Husky 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he is helpful but there are some behind the scenes things you haven't heard about ;) he's got a few AS members saws right now. i won't go any further, i was just suggesting that he make his saw work on AS legit. for $25 a month i believe he can take all the work he wants from the site. old-cat knows that it's just westcoaster90 giving him a hard time. gained alot of respect for him when he saw the light and actually publicly said so. now i'm just picking on him til he's full right wing and starts fighting back :)
99% of the time you are on "ignore" but this time..."behind the scenes things" is none of your stinking business #1, and if other members choose to send their saws to me, that also is none of your stinking business. Like I said already, I don't need any business from AS

99% of the time you are on "ignore" but this time..."behind the scenes things" is none of your stinking business #1, and if other members choose to send their saws to me, that also is none of your stinking business. Like I said already, I don't need any business from AS

you will always not like me cause i say it like it is. you are making money off this site old- cat. it will be found out eventually. whether behind the scenes or not it still ain't legit. i pick on you because of the way you were in the past. couldn't be told nothing and didn't even want to hear anyone mention that husky junk. now you are the complete opposite when it comes to husky telling all the husky guys what we told you already LOL. still can't be told nothing though :p

Check the metal lower case half where it meets the plastic case for warping I went through a 350 that I got as a basket case, P/C were fine but had some kind of running issue. I replaced the bearings, rings, etc. When it was done it had an air leak that I just could not find, so it went on the shelf for 2 years...A couple months ago while Weimedog's gtg he mentioned tinkering on 350 saws and that was an issue on several he had gone through.
Disassembled my 350 and sure enough, it was warped. You can tell by the thickness of the gasket maker between the halves, It was squeezed thin near the bolts and a bit thicker between them (that's where it was leaking) Also there will be a bunch of oily residue down there as well.
Blocked it true with some 400 grit paper and reassembled it. Darn saw runs great now! CSW

Thanks guys for all the good info. I dont know much about the 350 saws, but im sure they are not worth bickering over. At least this one is not.

The 350 will of course always have the disadvantage of a plastic case, despite it is adapted to not use a clamshell engine, with the added disadvantages of that.

What do you mean "ad bumped"?

yes the 350 is at some disadvantage, the main one being that they are inexpensive enough to not be worth people charging much for their time to work on them....

on a personal level its worth it, on a commercial level they are not

That area of the adapter has always been the topic of conversation when it comes to air leaks. Use the sealer all the way around the adapter base to case, a good continuous bead should seal it up well. Use some thread locker on the screws that hold it in place as they tend to vibrate out. Most of the 350s I do are scored because of this exact reason, a screw came loose and the saw developed an air leak.

In general, they run pretty darn good when running right!

Ad bumped. .. to have an ad moved back to the top of the list. I have a go pro camera listed for sale and it seems its way down the list.

I am leaning towards just putting a p/c on it, seal the adapter plate, change plastic clamp to metal then see how it goes. It sounds like that should get it back to being a reliable running saw. Anything else I should do?

I haven't read all post here, actually very few - but the fact is that the humble 350 likely is the best "homeowner" type chainsaw ever made - and unlike the true clamshells, you can improve performance with a 346xp top end....

Back