Husky 351 Or 44

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi,Looking for a good limbing saw and I found a 351 in good shape and a 44 in good shape.I had a 44 and it did an excellent job limbing and cutting small stuff that i sold to my brother(should have never gotten rid of it)but i never used a 351.I want a good one with mag case that is light enough Iam thinking not more than 10.6Lbs.Any ideas?Does anyone know the weight of the 44 and 351(power head only).:cheers:

Husky gives 11 lbs for the 351(no bar/chain ) and the 444 with bar/chain was 11.2 lbs.So maybe a bit heavier for the 351.But if i had the choice,i would go for 351.Better antivibe,larger fuel/oil cap,better air filter system,quick removal top cover,plastic transparent fuel tank,better brake system,more hp and torque and reliable .

Thanks for the info HiOctane,I called up my brother to see if he wanted to sell the 44 back to me and he will let me know tonight.The 44 is a 1980 and the only problems I had with it was rebuilding the carb every few years and it has 170 PSI.

I think the 351 will have the same power as the 44, and more torque due to more cc's. The 44 was a good saw for its day, but the 351 is probably 15-20 years newer.

Get the 351

Back