Husky 353 vs 346

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAD continues! I'm looking for a middleweight and the Husky 350, 353, and 346 all appear to be candidates. I don't know of a local Dolmar dealer, so the 5100 may be moot. The 353 appears to be a 350 dressed in magnesium vs plastic. How do the 353/350 and 346 compare head to head? Is there really any noticeable difference in weight, handling, and cutting?:chainsaw:

I've got a 353 and it screams. VERY good saw. A bit small for what I'm cutting right now but extremely dependable. From what I read a 346 is just a hopped up version of the 353. You'll most likely love it.

Speaking of CAD since the 353 is a bit small for what I'm cutting I just ordered a 372XP...................man these guys around here are awful.........

P.S. -- If handled properly the 353 will drop 30" maple wherever you want it.....

I agree;
go with the 346 if you have the money. It will cut rings around the 353 without mods. The 353 is cheaper, and if you are willing to do your own muffler mod to it, it does run good. They're both pro saws and will run you a lifetime if you take care of them. Mine was woods ported and runs great but if I had it to do over I'd buy the non e-tech 346 and be done with it.

If you think a stock 346 is sweet try a ported version. Its like cutting with a light saber. You'll think the stock version is slow after running the ported version. The 346 responds very well to porting.

Go Husky...

Hi out there...
I have never worked with a better saw than 346xpg.
353 an simular is for the "homeboys".

One saw I "almost" did buy insted for a new husky was Dolmar.
But... what you´re used with... an´yes I´m married!

:greenchainsaw:

338xpt
346xpg
575xpg

Back