Husky 359 P/C Combo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MISteve

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got my first Husqvarna project. Looks like somebody had a problem with the piston/ cylinder replacement so they gave up and put it on Ebay. Can I assume this is aftermarket and can anybody tell what brand it is? I find no markings on it so I figure it is not OEM.

husky 359 :: 100_0479.jpg picture by sgilbert9226 - Photobucket
husky 359 :: 100_0480.jpg picture by sgilbert9226 - Photobucket
husky 359 :: 100_0488.jpg picture by sgilbert9226 - Photobucket
husky 359 :: 100_0485.jpg picture by sgilbert9226 - Photobucket

Got my first Husqvarna project. Looks like somebody had a problem with the piston/ cylinder replacement so they gave up and put it on Ebay. Can I assume this is aftermarket and can anybody tell what brand it is? I find no markings on it so I figure it is not OEM.

Yes thats sure as hell an aftermarket P/C assy, I know for sure as I just finished 2 359's replacing the P/C assys. I can not or will not use aftermarket parts, since I am a servicing dealer.

It's against the rules!

Just substitute some OEM circlips and it will be fine

Was this the one on Ebay last week for $100? I almost bought that one for parts for my friend. Seemed odd the seller fixes chainsaws (he was selling a few) but didn't have the time to see if the piston was scored etc. Either way the saw was worth $100.

If that was the same saw, then it makes sense now.

Was this the one on Ebay last week for $100? I almost bought that one for parts for my friend. Seemed odd the seller fixes chainsaws (he was selling a few) but didn't have the time to see if the piston was scored etc. Either way the saw was worth $100.

If that was the same saw, then it makes sense now.

Was on ebay for parts only at $149. Seller said needed a ring. The saw looked excellent over all, so I took a chance. This thing is in great shape. Whoever tried to install the new piston/ cylinder dinged the piston at the skirt. Would not fit. I bet they broke the ring as well. I filed the piston, fits good now. Need a ring and air filter. Should be good to go.

I personally love the 359. I know on paper specs blah blah. Great saw. Good luck. Thanks for the response.

Replacement Piston Ring 1.5mm x 47mm Caber rings for 359

Here is a picture of my Poulan 3500 Type III which I bought new in 1998. I've never had any trouble with it but fuel filter and diaphragms. I have several 60cc chainsaws and it performs as it should for a 60cc open port type chainsaw. It has the Gilardoni type cylinder.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Replacement Piston Ring 1.5mm x 47mm Caber rings for 359

Here is a picture of my Poulan 3500 Type III which I bought new in 1998. I've never had any trouble with it but fuel filter and diaphragms. I have several 60cc chainsaws and it performs as it should for a 60cc open port type chainsaw. It has the Gilardoni type cylinder.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice saw. I have two 3000's. One still stock, had it since 1990. Good, dependable saw. Very good power for 50cc. The other saw, I dropped the cylinder to about .018/.02 squish. Put a new set of rings in it. I think they were the last set on the planet. Did a little muffler mod and man can that saw cut.

Last edited:
Amazing how the Poulan 3000 is a 3 cube saw that is a smaller spitting image of the Poulan 3500. I'm sure you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed my 3500 the first few years I owned it as it was my "go to" Pro saw for a few years and it never let me down.

Here are your saws

The regular saw
100_0494.jpg

The race saw
100_0497.jpg

The muffler mod
100_0498.jpg

finished 359 Project

Got the 359 done. I put her together without base gasket, just sealer. Squish is about .02. Compression after first tank of fuel is 160+. Modified the muffler. Has aftermarket P/C combo. Was from Ebay. Needed a ring and air filter. I have not figured out how to embed pics yet, but here are pics and a video.

husqvarna 359 :: 100_0528.jpg picture by sgilbert9226 - Photobucket

husqvarna 359 :: 100_0527.jpg picture by sgilbert9226 - Photobucket

husqvarna 359 :: 100_0529.jpg picture by sgilbert9226 - Photobucket

husqvarna 359 :: 100_0530-1.mp4 video by sgilbert9226 - Photobucket

I like to run the mixture a little richer than that

I like to run the mixture a little richer than that

I can do that. I probably will not cut wood that big very often, it was just what I had for a good video. Was saving that log for my 980 Olympyk video. I should have filmed when I was cutting the 12/14 inch wood. Really worked good in that. The intake boot at the cylinder has a plastic clamp. Do not like it. I think I will find a metal clamp.

Latest posts

Back