Husky 372XPG-talk me out of it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA

ArboristSite Guru
Um nope. Skip the 60cc.

550xpg, 372xpg, and 390xp

EVERYONE NEEDS A 390XP/2188.
I don't understand the need for a 70cc and a 90cc. For a typical user, what advantage is there to having both?

I personally don't think I'd ever need 90cc's, but if one with AT were to come out (soon) it would be a hard decision for me.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
I don't understand the need for a 70cc and a 90cc. For a typical user, what advantage is there to having both?

I personally don't think I'd ever need 90cc's, but if one with AT were to come out (soon) it would be a hard decision for me.

I can find no excuse for getting a 90cc saw either.....:(

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector

As always, it depends on the wood, the sort of cutting, and the cutting conditions. ;):givebeer:

Jtheo

Jtheo

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I have owned and run several 372's but they were all pre 2010, including two 372 XPW's with the 75cc cylinder. They were probably the best saws I have ever owned.
I have also owned and run a 562XP. Good saw, no complaints.
I have also owned several 365's.
That said, if I were buying a new saw right now, it would be a 365, but I am not going to tell you what to buy. You will have to decide what you think would suit you best, but I will say that if you once run a woods ported saw you will never want to run anything else, because several of the ones mentioned above were ported.

Fuzly

Fuzly

ArboristSite Operative
Well, I didn't get the brand new one, but I found a very clean used 372 xpg at a shop in a neighboring town. They had it listed on ebay already. He asked me if he should take it off. I said yes. New Forester bar. Messed around with it a little bit today. I need to do a little carb adjusting and gullet cleaning with the chain, but it is so strong. It doesn't slow down in big oak and maple, and that is just what I wanted.

Fuzly

Fuzly

ArboristSite Operative
If I ever got a 390xp it would just be for fun, this is all the saw I could ever need. Opened the H just a bit because that is all I had with the adjusters and it sounds right. The idle was just a hair low so I turned it in just a bit. Didn't mess with the L because it accelerates strongly. The chain was decent but previous owner used a grinder so once I made room for my file it got good and sharp. 2010 model according to the plate. Nothing exciting to say. Smooth, strong, and I like the way it sits in my hands. Hand warmers don't work but I think I'll start a new thread on that. Also got the owners manual online in pdf, pretty light on information.

Latest posts