Husky 385

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logger nate

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well I recently acquired a nice low hr husky 385, and since I know you guys like pictures.......IMG_2313.JPG:D . So what would you guys recommend as a max rpm? I know the early ones had some bearing failure issues and it was recommended to run them a little rich , this is a 06 after bearing updates I hear. Had limiter on high side, after removing I set it to about 12,300, what do you guys think?

That is a good looking 385. Nice score, Still stock?. Some say the 385 actually takes to porting even better than the 390. I've got both ported, and couldn't tell ya which is faster(so close), Just that both made a big improvement after porting/muf-mod. Mine set to 13,000 max . 12,000-12,500 or so for breaking them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a good looking 385. Nice score, Still stock?. Some say the 385 actually takes to porting even better than the 390. I've got both ported, and couldn't tell ya which is faster(so close), Just that both made a big improvement after porting/muf-mod. Mine set to 13,000 max . 12,000-12,500 or so for breaking them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lower exhaust on 385 cylinder stock vs stock I believe.

Latest posts

Back